mocha-AE has been released by Imagineer Systems
mocha-AE is a stand alone 2D tracking tool for the After Effects community based on Imagineer Systems’ unique 2.5D Planar Tracking technology. mocha-AE helps solve problematic shots that traditionally challenge point based trackers, such as footage with objects moving out of frame, lack of detail, motion blur and heavy grain. This helps the artist to generate solid tracks, giving position, scale, rotation, shear and perspective matched tracks and exporting the data to After Effects in less time.
mocha-AE offers After Effects artists a flexible workflow environment, and a number of key features including:
- Resolution Independence, and works with all SD, HD and Film formats;
- Cineon, DPX, TGA, TIF, JPEG, PNG, SGI, QuickTime file import;
- Support for up to 16 bits per channel;
- Ability to export 2D tracking data directly into Adobe After Effects;
- Availability of node-locked and cross-platform floating licenses;
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X.
What is different in mocha compared to mocha-AE:
- mocha-AE does not support export to applications other then after effects
- mocha-AE does not come with the Rotoscoping tool that mocho offers.
First mocha-AE tutorial are available here.
Pricing and Availability
mocha-AE will be generally available on October 17, 2007 and is priced at US$299.00 for a nodelocked license.
16 bits adobe after effects Adobe After Effects ae challenge point cross platform dpx effects artists film formats flexible workflow imagineer import support mocha mocha-ae motion blur planar quicktime resolution independence sgi tga tracking technology workflow environment