Cloverfield (formerly known as Central Park) a new VFX and DFX movie
“Five young New Yorkers throw their friend a going-away party the night that a monster the size of a skyscraper desends upon the city. Told from the point of view of their video camera. the film is a document of their attempt to survive the most surreal, horrifying event of their lives. ”
Cloverfield is not showing yet on the screens here in Germany, however the trailer and the reviews I did read do promise that Cloverfield could be a little DFX and VFX masterpiece, which alone makes it worth while to watch the movie.
David Schnee who has worked on the Movie as a Digital Compositor has some great informations in his blog and shares some insights about the movie and some other project he is working on currently or has worked on in the past years.
Of course there is more to read about Cloverfield or just watch the trailer below.
- The Mysterious Origins of Cloverfields Name
- The rise of low-budget: Paramount spends $25m on 2008 tentpole
- Cloverfield Predicted to be the Most Profitable Movie of 2008?!
- On Set Interviews and Behind the Scenes Footage from CLOVERFIELD! Plus TV Spots!
- Bringing Cloverfield to Life
- Cloverfield Monster Revealed in Fan Art
- Cloverfield: Monster update, first review, and NPR report
- J.J’s Viral ‘Cloverfield’ Diary
- JJ Abrams Cloverfield Interview
- Matt Reeves Cloverfield Interview
- The Accidental Title