Top 10 TEDTalks – TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design)
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.The annual conference now brings together the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).
With 50 million views since Ted debuted online two years ago, TED talks have become a powerful cultural force. Ted has released their Top 10 TED talks of all time
With speakers like neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor and global health expert Hans Rosling, the list proves one of the compelling ideas behind TEDTalks: that an unknown speaker with a powerful idea can reach — and move — a global audience. Links to all 10 talks are found below — or browse through our Top 10 TED Talks Theme. Even if you’ve seen all the talks, the highlights video is darn fun.
Top 10 TED Talks of all time
- Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
- Jeff Han: Touchscreen demo foreshadows the iPhone
- David Gallo: Underwater astonishments
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas: Jaw-dropping Photosynth demo
- Arthur Benjamin: Lightning calculation and other “Mathemagic”
- Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?
- Hans Rosling: The best stats you’ve ever seen
- Tony Robbins: Why we do what we do, and how we can do it better
- Al Gore: 15 ways to avert a climate crisis
- Johnny Lee: Creating tech marvels out of a $40 Wii Remote
Beyond the Top 10 TEDTalks:
50 million Al Gore Alisa Miller Amy Tan Arthur Benjamin Blaise Aguera y Arcas bolte creative process David Gallo deluxe objects doers global audience global health Hans Rosling health expert Jeff Han Jill Bolte Taylor Johnny Lee Ken Robinson Philippe Starck posh condos scope Sir Ken Robinson speakers Susan Savage-Rumbaugh ted TEDTalks The Hundred Secret Senses The Joy Luck Club The Kitchen God's Wife thinkers Tony Robbins