Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
(1) Includes a function to enable the manual exposure setting when shooting movies.
*When shooting movies in manual (M) mode, the shutter speed *1, the lens aperture value *2, and the ISO speed *3 can be freely set to allow a greater flexibility.
*1 Shutter speed range: 1/30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
*2 Lens aperture range: Maximum to minimum aperture value of the lens used
*3 ISO speed range:
Auto: ISO 100 to 6400 set automatically
Manual: ISO 100 to 6400, H1
(2) Disables the function of the depth-of-field preview button when images are played back or when the menu screen is displayed on the LCD panel.
(3) Fixes a phenomenon where the peripheral illumination of images cannot be properly corrected, even if the images were captured with the lens peripheral illumination correction function set to Enable.
- *Digital Photo Professional software version 3.6.1 or later (for Windows and Macintosh) can be used to automatically correct the peripheral illumination of RAW and JPEG images that were captured in the Peripheral illumination correction setting with cameras that have Firmware Version 1.0.7 or earlier.
(4)Fixes the algorithms of the Auto Lighting Optimizer function when Custom Function C.Fn II-3 Highlight tone priority is enabled.
(5) Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
(6) Changes the battery information displayed on the camera when using the optional Battery Grip BG-E6.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the camera’s firmware is already version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
For details on Firmware Version 1.1.0 and the manual exposure setting for shooting movies, please download the PDF files from the bottom of this page. The latest update of the Digital Photo Professional software can be downloaded from our Web site.
You can download the Firmwar from Canon: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/firmware.html