T-Gen Version 2.0 released
Martin Tomka the key person behind Simartom.com has released T-Gen 2 a tree and plant generator which fully integrated into Softimage XSI. Many Softimage XSI tools are supported to change materials, geometry or hierarchy. Almost all parameters of T-Gen can be animated.
T-Gen 2 features:
- New core – On average T-Gen 2 is 3x-4x faster
- New Dynamics – you can now use XSI forces to simulate tree and plant dynamics.
- New distribution options – new distribution types are random and point distribution.
- New noise types – you can now use perlin noise to get more natural look of branches.
- Advanced appearance and distribution settings
- Node-based tree and plant hierarchy
- Multicore support
- Plant dynamics
- Geometry optimization
- Animatable trees and plants
- Intuitive interface
- Seamless XSI integration
- Powerful free version
- Export of plants
T-Gen 2 should work with XSI6.02, XSI6.5, XSI 7.0, XSI 7.5
(There is a bug in XSI 7.5 that prevent you from using more than 1 force. In older versions you can connect up to 100 forces.)
Speedtest T-Gen vs. T-Gen 2
Force Test (New Dynamics Feature)
abstract objects animated appearance architecture curves distribution distribution options distribution types flexibility free version geometry optimization growing trees hierarchy intuitive interface new noise optimization tools parameters plant dynamics point possibilities T-Gen T-Gen Version 2.0 trees and plants XSI plugin