Martin Tomka the key person behind Simartom.com has released T-Gen 2 a tree and plant generator which fully integrated into Softimage XSI. Many Softimage XSI tools are supported to change materials, geometry or hierarchy. Almost all parameters of T-Gen can be animated.
T-Gen 2 features:
- New core – On average T-Gen 2 is 3x-4x faster
- New Dynamics – you can now use XSI forces to simulate tree and plant dynamics.
- New distribution options – new distribution types are random and point distribution.
- New noise types – you can now use perlin noise to get more natural look of branches.
- Advanced appearance and distribution settings
- Node-based tree and plant hierarchy
- Multicore support
- Plant dynamics
- Geometry optimization
- Animatable trees and plants
- Intuitive interface
- Seamless XSI integration
- Powerful free version
- Export of plants
T-Gen 2 should work with XSI6.02, XSI6.5, XSI 7.0, XSI 7.5
(There is a bug in XSI 7.5 that prevent you from using more than 1 force. In older versions you can connect up to 100 forces.)
Speedtest T-Gen vs. T-Gen 2
Force Test (New Dynamics Feature)