mocha v3 has undergone extensive beta testing among Imagineer’s community of post production and VFX professionals and they are weighing in on the milestones in this newest version.
Ben Brownlee of Curious Turtle (www.curiousturtle.com) is a long-time mocha Pro user, and is a respected visual effects professor with fxphd.com. “From a user’s point of view, I think that this release of mocha is a huge leap forward. The improvements to the rotoscoping toolset, coupled with the core strength of the planar tracker, creates such large time savings when dealing with larger roto jobs. The new grouping and transformation controls mean I can now adjust my complex, 20-layer shapes with a single click. This means fewer keyframes, better accuracy and much quicker turnaround times.”
“The flexibility of the data you can get out of mocha has always been its strength. Whether you want rock solid tracking data, fast and accurate rotospline shapes or now even 3D camera tracking, there is a place for it in your pipeline. In my working day, I have to use a range of software to finish the task at hand. mocha Pro v3 is the Swiss Army knife that I keep reaching for.”
Imagineer Systems has worked closely with its customers to improve its family of intelligent Planar Tracking utilities. All mocha v3 products have been updated to add new features and improve core areas for customers: from large facilities that require advanced layer management tools for film effects and roto pipelines, to creative boutiques and artists who’ve been asking for true 3D camera support for years. Among the new developments in v3 are:
- New Rotoscoping Tools: Transform Tool and Join Layers designed to create and edit roto masks more efficiently;
- New Layer Management: View, organize, color code and group mocha layers. Increase artists productivity;
- Project Management: Easily merge and share projects between artists for large scale roto and vfx pipelines;
- 3D Camera Solver: The advanced Planar Tracker now includes 3D Camera Solver for After Effects and FBX formats (Nuke, Maya, Cinema 4D and more);
- Dopesheet: New keyframe layout for adjusting timing and animation;
- Even More Improvements: Keyboard shortcuts and interface improvements enhance the entire Planar Tracking-based workflow for tracking, roto, removal and more.
To see a video highlighting new mocha Pro and mocha AE version 3 features, check out:
To see a video overview of the new 3D Camera Solve Module, check out:
mocha v3 Pricing and Availability
The new mocha v3 family is available immediately and is priced as follows:
mocha Pro v3: $1,495.00 USD
mocha Pro v3 Upgrade from Adobe CS4-CS6: $795.00 USD
mocha Pro v3 Upgrade from mocha AE v2.5: $695.00 USD
mocha Pro v3 Upgrade from mocha v2.5: $595.00 USD
mocha Pro v3 Upgrade from mocha Pro v2.5: $495.00 USD
mocha AE v3: $295.00 USD
mocha AE v3 Upgrade from any mocha AE (bundled with After Effects): $195.00 USD
mocha AE v3 Upgrade from mocha AE v2.5: $95.00 USD
For more information on, or to purchase mocha v3, please visit www.imagineersystems.com.