Pixologic, Inc. did unveile their latest version of ZBrush 4.
ZBrush 4R4 introduces many significant new features:
- QRemesher Automatic quad-based retopology for full or partial models, including Curve Guide and density control features.
- Topology Brush to create simple or complex base meshes on the fly. It may also be used for manual retopology.
- Curve Snap Surface creates ruled surfaces for quick wall-type shapes. Thickness is based on your curve strokes.
- Replace part of your mesh by inserting another object or surface. Among other things, this makes it possible to create more complex base meshes without the need for 3rd party software.
- Enhancements to the existing Mesh Insert Brushes and introduction of: IMM Insert Multi Mesh brushes. The latter brush type makes building libraries of replacement parts within a single brush possible. These brushes may be selected as replacement parts or for insertion via Dynamesh.
- New Curve engine with more control and features including curve extension, cutting and deformation. Curves may be used by the Mesh Insert features to replicate a shape. They are also used by Topology brushes, Tubes brushes or with any of your custom brushes.
- New Tri IMM Tri Part Multi Mesh option for the Mesh Insert brushes. This is used to create chain-type objects that replicate a segment any number of times between separate start and end cap elements. Create zippers, bracelets, chains, straps and more.
- DynaMesh can now be used to combine SubTools. A new PolyGroup option has been added to designate SubTools for subtraction based Boolean-type operations when merging via DynaMesh.
- Transpose now shows world axis orientation switches, an easier way to align the Transpose line with your object’s surface normal, as well as new Shrink and Inflate operations.
- An Undo History may now be saved with your Project. A maximum of 10,000 undo steps are now available.
- The new Forward and Backward Movies options use the saved Undo History to replay your entire sculpting session. This may be recorded as a movie, and a number of settings are available to make the playback more watchable.
- Floor Grid with Reference Images: Load images onto the working plane grids to help create a model based on blueprints or other references.
- And many other new features which enhances the tool even further (Brushes, Tool And Geometry, FiberMesh, Render And Materials, Import/Export,…)