With this new product you are should be able to locate anything that you loose which is still close to your location (upto 15m or 45m). When more and more people use Tile you also find with the help of others the lost item marked with Tile.
Lost keys. A misplaced wallet. A stolen bike or guitar. Everyone has dealt with the hassle, frustration and stress that comes with losing their things, but today a new company, Tile, is launching a matchbook-‐sized Bluetooth Low Energy device that aims to ignite a community movement around keeping track of the small, or big, items in life. Through a Selfstarter campaign, Tile’s goal is to raise $20,000 to begin production for its small device that will prevent people from ever losing important items again.
If you mark a Tile outside of your range as missing, Tile sends out a signal that puts other Tile apps on the search for your missing item. This all happens in the background, and means that if someone else running the Tile app comes within range of your lost object, the Tile app will discretely and securely identify your item and send you a notification of its location. Not even the person whose Tile app picked up your lost item’s location will know that their phone just found your item. Your Tiles are always secure and are not viewable on anyone else’s Tile app unless you share your Tiles with designated friends and family. Once enough people are using Tile in your area, you are able to watch your personal Tiles move on the Tile app map from anywhere.
Tile allows you:
- Locate and manage multiple Tiles on the Tile app, the accompanying iOS application
- Easily view how far away you are from your lost Tile’s signal, within a 100-‐150 foot radius
- When your Tile is outside of its Bluetooth range, use the Tile app’s Last Place Seen feature to discover where you left your item behind
- Share your Tiles with family, roommates, friends or coworkers to make it incredibly easy for trusted acquaintances to help each other find lost items
- Tile is secure. Only you will be able to see where your Tiles are on your Tile app. The only way anyone else can ever see your Tiles on their personal account is if you explicitly share access. Additionally, Tile never shares your location with others.
- Login to your friend’s Tile app to find your lost Tile if you don’t have your iPhone or iPad
- ‘Ring’ your misplaced Tile from your Tile app to make finding items easier
- Find lost items at a distance thanks to Tile’s community network
- No need to ever charge a Tile or replace batteries. After a year, you will be reminded when to order a new Tile
- Thanks to the Bluetooth Low Energy connection, Tile works completely wirelessly
Tiles last one year, then you need to replace them.
The application that you will use to seach is iOS compatible.