FILTERSTATION2 by Audio Damage Review
The next version of FILTERSTATION 2 (AD043 FILTERSTATION2) released by Audio Damage in December 2017 adds long-awaited changes and new features. Since release, I could use it to full extent on several projects. New in Version 2 are support for HiDpi/Retina-capable, wholly rewritten parameter, and DSP section, new extreme modification tools, ProTools support, and cross-platform preset support and a new better UI.
After purchase, you receive a download link and can just install the plugin. No additional serial key management is required.It is a macOS plugin available as an AU, VST, or AAX plugin.
The sound you can create from this plugin is unique. As a Filter plugin Filterstation2 has become my favorite go-to mangle effect I reach out for first. Filterstation2 is the Audio Damage take on the dual filter topology, made famous by the Sherman Filterbank.
The presets can now be shared between different platforms. The included number of presets is limited.
- Twelve different filter algorithms, including MS20 emulation and our classic 914 bandpass and Filterpod lowpass models.
- VCA mode for tremolo and gate effects.
- LFO with twelve different patterns, and both internal and tempo sync modes.
- Envelope follower for dynamic control of filter frequency.
- Serial, parallel, and true stereo operating modes.
- Sidechain input for the external signal to envelope follower.
User interface & Usability
The new UI is easy to understand and has all needed parameter available to you. To use the plugin you need basic to enhanced knowledge of the parameter and what they would do on a basic level. Overall the possible effects can be applied easily.
Rating: Five out of five stars
FILTERSTATION2 is the effect plugin you look for to change sounds slightly or dramatically while getting a usable result. FILTERSTATION2 is very easy to use and allows you to generate new sounds quickly. One of my preferred and most used plugins.