Empty Fields – F.2 for Omnisphere 2 – Updated for Omnisphere 2.5
A big new update for Empty Fields F.2 has now been released. Current customers have received an email with the new version that is updated to be used with Omnisphere 2.5.
We did review Empty Fields – F.2 for Omnisphere 2 earlier this year. Empty Fields – F.2 produced by Triple Spiral Audio is a sound collection for Omnisphere 2. The producing company is planning to schedule the release in ten parts, every four to five weeks there will be a new part made available. The company plans to include more than 50 new patches and ten plus multis in each release.
Our rating on Empty Fields:
Five out of five stars
“Based on the current release Empty Fields – F.2 is of excellent quality, tone, and vibe. If you are into Omnisphere 2 sound collection you should definitive purchase today and start using now. The first collection begins in the winter time. Pack 2 is all around spring mood, and pack 3 is more emotional. If you do not want to purchase the whole collection, you can buy single packs also – there is an option to upgrade to the full kit.”
With the new released the following enhancements have been released:
- Majority of patches now use 3 or 4 layers. Some presets have not been changed to preserve the original idea or to avoid CPU problems
- Everything now in one big Empty Fields F2 V25 folder. Future pack releases will be integrated into this folder.
- New naming – the P1, P2 etc stands for the pack that contains the preset.
- New categories according to the Spectrasonics setup
- A vast amount of presets has been given the use of aftertouch. The original 2 layers have not been changed to preserve the original patch if desired. Aftertouch has been added to the new layers in some occasions. You can simply disable the 3rd of a 4th layer to go back to the original patch.
The total content is with 5 packs released so far 270 presets, 50 multis and 164 sound sources.
Triple Spiral Audio published a new walkthrough video to showcase this new version.
If you decide to purchase this you will find in the downloads also the original packs that are compatible with Omnisphere 2.4 and these will continue to be supported. In the supplied Readme you can find further instruction on which version to choose and how to install it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.