Ample China Pipa is the first product of the Traditional Chinese Instrument series, also the first using the Ample Sound Engine 3.0.
Ample China Pipa is composed of two sample libraries: Master (traditional Pipa timbre) and Expert (modern style). The recording used AB and MS stereo techniques, with four microphones. The software is encrypted with the iLok Anti-Piracy system.
- Master version: Professor Yin Chen, the principal Pipa player of China Broadcasting Chinese Orchestra
- Expert version: Lisha Shang, Pipa virtuoso
- Feng Wei (handmade remake of Pipa in Dynasty Ming, by Pipa master Weidong Cao)
- Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64 bit only (32 bit not supported)
- Mac: From 10.9 to 10.14
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host
- 8GB Hard Disk, Intel i5 or higher
- iLok Anti-Piracy system, requires a free iLok account. The license can be activated in the local machine, without an iLok dongle.
- The license can also be stored in the iLok dongle of 2nd or 3rd generation.
- 2 Pipa libraries: Master and Expert. Total size is 7.25 GB
- Ample China Pipa is recorded with two stereo techniques: MS and AB, with four microphones. Users can adjust the volume of different microphones to get more variety of sound.
- 7 articulations: Sustain, Natural Harmonic, Tremolo (Tremolo, Rolling tremolo and Shaking tremolo), Full Bend, Legato Slide, Hammer-On & Pull-Off & Strum, and legato of flexible length & pitch, with polyphonic support.
- Various Pipa FX samples.
- Various Tremolo (Tremolo, Rolling Tremolo, Shaking Tremolo) Legato and Slide Tremolo features.
- The recorded samples of tremolo have a long fade-in time, which can be divided into 90 different start points. They can be controlled by velocity, easily adapting to the need of different situations and styles.
- Tremolo note can loop itself automatically, when the sample reaches to the end.
- Tremolo Switch and Sustain Switch can make switch between articulations smooth. It is also possible to produce a realistic tail of tremolo with a fading tremolo release.
- Advanced Bend, the tone of the bend notes can be changed by a Physical Modeling system.
- Legato Smoother: legato of flexible length & pitch, with polyphonic support.
- Resonance is an indispensable part of the expressiveness and realism of an acoustic instrument. Ample China Pipa can control the resonance time and volume, simulate more realistic resonance.
- In real performance, a lot of playing noises are generated. Virtual instrument would sound unnatural without those noises. Ample China Pipa can not only generate rich Fret Noise automatically, but also simulate the subtle sound of the nails touching the string.
New features of v3 Engine:
- Higher efficiency of reading and playback samples.
- Brand new design of UI, with GPU acceleration.
- Brand new FX DSP system, high order 8-band EQ, intuitive control of frequency response, real-time visualization of input and output spectrum, support of soloing single band.
- 2-Line Compressor, real-time visualization of input and output signal, two detection modes RMS & Peak, support of soft knee, auto release and auto makeup.
- 6-Tap Echo, real-time visualization of the processing of stereo signal, can tweak the parameters of 6 echo points individually: feedback, pan, volume etc.
- IR Reverb, providing four types of IR: Room, Studio, Hall, and Larger Hall. 3D visualization of IR spectrum.
- Multiple Capo Logics, providing various options of automatic fingering logic to cover different performance such as solo, chorus, and so on.
- A new Start + ADSR envelope system.
- A new preset manager.
- More new features will be added in Guitars and Basses.