Performance Samples released today Violins B.
Con Moto – Violins B is a string library recorded with motion in the sustains, legato, and attacks/releases. “Active-bow” sustains offer continuously re-expressed vibrato & emotion, via performance & editing approaches. Responsive note attacks and meticulously-timed release samples – derived from units of musical performance – morph with your playing to allow fluent note-length variation, similar to previous Performance Samples libraries.
Much in the same vein as Oceania, Con Moto – Violins B continues along the path of “energetic release samples” and appreciation of Performance-sourced phrase endings as a critical element of the toolkit in Release-sample functionality. Bow-change legato transitions wrap it all together, and with the entire library recorded con moto and musically-restless, the result is a breathing ensemble with coherence in phrasing, vibrato, and expression.
CON MOTO – VIOLINS B Features
- Eight violins (primarily soloist and 1st-chair musicians) from the Capellen Orchestra
- Three dynamic layers, from moderately soft to FFF
- Bow-change legato con moto(legato with movement in the bowing and vibrato)
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre)
- Release samples that respond fluently to note-length variation
- Player positioning: divided between 1st and 2nd violins
- Recorded in an ambient hall* with multiple mic positions:
- Close 1st-Chair
- Close Section
- 48kHz / 24bit
- NCW-compressed, ~2.34 GB total
- Built for Kontakt 5.8.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required
- Download via Continuata
NOTE ON DELAY: this library has a moderately delayed response when playing (140 ms based on the SC mics) to further the musicality of the legatos and releases. The library is heavily optimized for this delay amount. All the elements of the library (legatos, sustains, attacks, releases, etc) are on the same delay.
- There is some level of ambience-bleed / “bump” on the attacks if they’re played in standalone isolation or you’re using mostly ambient mics (the wide and, to a lesser extent, the decca). This is a byproduct of pulling samples from connected performances in an ambient room.
- There are some CPU issues with this library in Logic AU. Please see the “Logic/AU Users” tab.
- Some of the sustains have a bit of “shivering” or “compressed” sound in their movement.
- There is some roughness in some of the intervals.
$79 early-adopter price until ~10AM April 5 (Pacific Standard Time)
$99 intro price ~10AM April 5 through April 12 (full price: $149)