GENERATIVE. CREATIVE. ADAPTIVE.
Based around a set of musical parameters that you control, Riff Generation creates exciting, complex and surprising combinations of melody, rhythm and sound design with the press of a button.
Riff Generation Update 1.5 Includes
- SCENE: Riff Generation now has the ability to store and switch amongst multiple riff patterns within the same snapshot patch.
- Previously, only one riff (using up to 256 steps across eight pages) could be stored per patch.
- But when switched to the new Scene mode, you have access to eight slots, each of which can contain its own pattern, up to 32 steps in length.
- Changing amongst patterns can be done using key switches, with further options to decide if each newly switched pattern should start at its beginning or keep the current place in time, relative to when you triggered the last pattern.
- Scene mode provides options to copy and paste patterns from slot to slot, as needed.
- FIX: This update also corrects an issue where MIDI files exported via the drag-and-drop function would sometimes not properly reflect the currently selected scale type.
- ADDITIONAL: Because Riff Generation was released before Maschine and Komplete Kontrol had Snapshot preset audio preview capability, Riff Generation never included the files necessary for this option.
- Eventually, Native Instruments created and provided an update for all pre-preview NKS libraries, including Riff Generation. However, the preview files they provided didn’t account for tempo and were often truncated, thus not providing the most accurate preview possible.
This update provides a fully revised set of preview files which get added as you add the new Snapshots to your existing library.