Stochastic is an Inspiration Generator. It is a unique sequencer module that responds to your probabilistic musical direction but you don’t play ‘on’ it, you duet with it by starting with the fundamental musical atoms and controlling how likely different pitch, duration, octave, and transition events will be using its controls.
- Probability amount control over Pitch, Octave, and Duration
- Looping of up to 18 steps
- Multiple secondary functions (Details to be announced)
- High accuracy and resolution (16 Bit DAC) 1 volt per octave CV output
- Trigger output for pinging LPGs and other modules
- 12 High quality LED note sliders
- Built in the UK with quality parts
What Is Stochastic?
- not a traditional sequencer – it doesn’t repeat itself (unless you tell it to!)
- not a probability sequencer – you don’t program fixed steps for variation
- not a random source – you can control what it will do (within limits)
- not a chaotic source – identical initial conditions don’t produce identical output
Each event Stochastic generates has its pitch, octave, duration, onset, offset, portamento and ratchet set by probability controls. You can exert as much or as little control over what the next event will be as you wish. This could be very simple (e.g. raise C, E, G and 1/16 to 100% and you have a random arpeggiator kicking out constant 1/16 ) or something much more interesting. Stochastic on Modular Grid.