Contour 1 a Slew Limiter & Function Generator
Joranalogue Audio Design launched Contour 1. Contour 1 brings a fresh approach to this classic circuit. It delivers much-improved performance and control by incorporating modern design techniques. At its most basic, a slew limiter slows down the rate of voltage change in a signal. On Contour 1, the rising and falling rates can be individually set using sliders and CV modulation.
Contour 1 Features
- Analog voltage controlled bidirectional slew limiter.
- Precision circuitry to slew any signal, including pitch CV, accurately.
- Separate rise/fall slope bending with voltage control and compensation for minimal effect on slew time.
- Real-time visual feedback through LEDs on slew time sliders.
- Dedicated gate input in addition to the analog slew input: easily create +10 V attack-release (AR) envelopes, regardless of the gate amplitude.
- Trigger input and push-button: reset the slew core and trigger a one-shot attack-decay (AD) envelope through a single trigger signal.
- Voltage hold gate input ‘freezes’ the slew core. Pause envelopes and LFO modulations, or create pulse-width-sensitive sync sounds at audio rates.
- Impedance-compensated regular and inverted analog outputs.
- Rise and fall status gate outputs.
- Loop switch for variable waveshape temperature-stable VC(LF)O operation. Gate input functions as an oscillation enable input in loop mode.
- Capable of 1 volt/octave tracking over several octaves.
- Wide slew time range: 500 µs to 30 seconds per slope. Audio range switch setting constricts range to ease tuning.
- V/octave trim potentiometer accessible from the front panel.
- Highly multifunctional: slew limiter, envelope generator, envelope follower, (gated) VC(LF)O, frequency divider, slope detector and much more.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodized aluminum front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
- High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belgium.