Available Now: FLUID SHORTS II – Aggressive Chamber String Shorts with Repetitions
Performance Samples launched a new library for Kontakt. Fluid Shorts II is available now for an Introduction Sale of $59 through August, 27th 2019 (reg. $89). Performance Samples developed from years of iterative individual orchestral/choral sample development; an exploration of how session configuration and post-production processes can nurture musical distinction within sampling.
Fluid Shorts II returns performance-sourced chamber string shorts but takes things a step further. Just like in the original Fluid Shorts, the multi-samples are perfectly playable and have spirited energy as they’re deconstructed from performances. However in Fluid Shorts II, instead of just one recorded speed of spiccato, there are multiple recorded speeds (four in all), and the faster speeds automatically trigger in based on your playing speed, to accommodate faster phrases – which sound more fluent, because you are triggering samples that are actually pulled from faster performances.
FLUID SHORTS II Features
- True repetition sampling (four speeds of repetitions) | Derived from performance phrases
- Four individual sections of predominantly principle musicians: 8 violins, 6 violas, 5 cellos, and 4 basses
- Recorded in an ambient hall with close, main (AB), and wide mic positions
- Section unity – all musicians performing on the same session
- Up to 7 RR / One dynamic layer (loud)
- Control sample offset with a slider
- Stack option which layers all four repetition speeds together (baked samples) for a larger sound
- Performance Samples’ new balance features
- 48kHz / 24bit
- NCW-compressed, ~3.11 GB total
- Built for Kontakt 5.8.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required