Chase Bliss Audio has started a Kickstarter for their new looper & delay pedal, Blooper. Some of you may be following our YouTube series “Blooper Reel” with Knobs documenting the R&D on this project, but if not, here are some of the high points of what this product can do. Chase Bliss Audio is targeting a release/ship date of Thursday, December 12th so that bloopers are safely received by Christmas / Winter Holidays.
Planned Blooper Features
- 40 seconds max loop time (48kHz, 16 bit) with ultra-low-noise hardware / XMOS DSP processor, 32 save-able presets and full undo / redo capability
- 8 layers of undo/redo, unlimited overdubs (oldest layer gets discarded after 8)
- Layers knob to navigate through undo/redo layers
- 6 loop modifiers (quantized & free time/speed changes, scrambler, trimmer, filter, and dropper) available over 2 independent channels
- Normal, additive (effects get recorded), and one-shot sampling modes
- Full midi implementation via 1/4″ TRS
- Repeats knob for fading loops or to use blooper like a tap-tempo delay
- CV clock sync and modulation control
- Stability control introducing optional tape and warble effects to loop.
- Chase Bliss ramping control (including randomization and ability to sync to loop time)
- Expression control over any parameter either individually or simultaneously
- Dip-switches for customizing behavior: dry kill, straight to overdub, etc.