AD044 Discord4 v4.0.9
Discord4 is a stereo pitch shifter. Originally modeled on the H910, it has long since become its own effect and a studio standby. The all-new version 4 includes major additions to further stretch its capabilities.
- Three Pitch Shifting Algorithms
Discord4’s two pitch shifters feature with three unique algorithms (Vintage, Clean, and Granular) for different styles of pitch shifting
- Advanced Parameter Control
The pitch shifter algorithm’s parameters are adjustable offering precise control over the pitch shifting effect. The P1 Vintage and P2 Clean algorithms have a Buffer size control ranging from 32 to 2048 samples. The G2 Granular algorithm allows the user to adjust the grain size, frequency and randomization.
Two of our new FLFO (Flexible Low-Frequency Oscillator) with tempo sync and an arbitrary waveform, capable of a nearly infinite number of modulation shapes using only three controls.
Two tempo-synced or free-running delays with feedback, cross-feedback, and a sophisticated bandpass filter.
- ReverbThe delay’s feedback path contains a simple stereo reverbfor “shimmer” effects and further sound exploration.
- True Stereo Operation
Discord4 features a true stereo signal path. Both channels can be controlled entirely independently or linked. Each channel’s panorama position is adjustable, providing control over spatial positions and stereo width.
- Soft Saturation and Limiting
At different points in the signal path, saturation and limiting are employed for vintage-style warmth, and to allow for extreme feedback experiments without fear of overloading your DAW’s channel.
- Mix control
Blend of the processed and the dry input signal.
- MIDI Note Control
Six octaves of pitch-shifting can be controlled with MIDI note input.
- Cross-Platform Preset Format
Eos utilizes an XML-based preset manager. Work between multiple systems without troubles, make a preset on your desktop machine and paste it to the iOS version with Handoff, easily share your creations with your friends, or make a preset bundle to sell.
- Fully Resizable Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI
Discord4’s vector-based GUI is resolution-agnostic, and displays the same on every system and resolution. Easily resize the UI (per instance) to match your visual needs, from postage stamp to poster-sized.
New features of Discord4 v4.0.9
- Rebuilt with all current SDKs and APIs (mainly to deal with Notarization on macOS and the somewhat fluid nature of the current VST3 situation.)
- Stability improvements and overall em bettering.
- 32-bit version removed from macOS to maintain compatibility with current macOS SDKs. macOS version is now 64-bit only
- Windows version currently remains available as 32-bit, but you should prepare for the inevitable.