Samples From Mars launches SP 909
Samples From Mars believes that the SP1200 is one of the only samplers that can actually make the 909 sound better. The company wants you to fall in love with the grit, warmth and punch it added.
Samples From Mars is a drum & synth samples imprint based in Brooklyn, NYC founded by producer/engineer Eddie Mars. Building software instruments and samples out of rare gear is an art form, and the company goal is to inspire you to make the best music possible. Every sound is handcrafted, and a huge amount of thought, time, care, experimentation, and inspiration goes into each step of the process. Eddie Mars aka Teddy Stuart is a truly obsessed perfectionist and he spends every day doing a combination of this and music production (its weird but awesome).
Sampling the SP
Sampling the SP was straightforward: Samples From Mars used the exact same process sampling the SP 909 as they do use it in their productions – straight into the API 1608 console, a bit hot. Because it sounds so, so good. No compression, EQ, or any subtractive processing – just a great signal path, through Apogee Symphony Conversion into Pro Tools.
SP 909 FROM MARS Contains
- (304) 24bit SP 909 WAV Samples
- Multiple versions of Bass Drum, Snare and Hi Hats with varying Attack, Decay, Tone & Snappy on the 909
- (16) SP 1200 pitches for every drum voice
- TR 909 sampled through an SP 1200
- SP 1200 sampled through an API 1608 console and Apogee Symphony
- 100% Hardware processing
- (8) 16x Hit Kits for easy jamming
- (8) groove & midi files from the SP 1200
- 71.1 MB Unzipped
Support for different sampler and formats
You’ll get 16 SP pitches for every 909 sound, so you have access to any tuning you’d ever need. In Ableton, an SP Tune macro will select these pitches for you. In Kontakt, Logic, Reason & SFZ, the pitches for each voice are mapped out chromatically.
If you prefer to keep things simple, you can load pre-made (8) 16x Hit kits of sounds that play really well together. These kits are included in all formats and are a great way to get started playing the SP 909 quickly. They include a standard 909 kit (un-tuned), a bunch of tuned kits, a bass drum kit and a hi-hat kit. All of this makes for a simple but powerful SP 909 instrument, ready for your next production!
- Ableton includes (1) master drum rack containing all samples, and (8) additional pre-made kits racks.
- Kontakt, Logic, Reason, SFZ, FL Studio include: (25) Individual Hits and Kits instruments
- Maschine & Battery include: (8) pre-made kits.
- MPC1000 and MPC2500 include: (8) pre-made kits on 2 programs
- MPC Live and MPC X include: (8) pre-made kits on 2 programs
SP 909 Requirements
- Any 24-bit WAV Compatible DAW or Sampler
- Ableton Live 9.7+ (Not Intro)
- Kontakt 5.6.5+ (Not Kontakt Player)
- Logic 9+
- Maschine 2.6+
- Reason 8+
- Battery 4.1.5+
- MPC1000, MPC2500, MPC Live, MPC X
- 71.1 MB Free Space
Availability and pricing
SP 909 is available now for a reduced introduction price. After purchase, you download a zip file and can use the samples in different formats and sampler.