Crusher-X 8.11 Released
Granular synthesis with crusher-X
Granular synthesis revolutionized Sound Design, Electronic and Experimental Music.
crusher-X does advanced granular synthesis on your live input in real-time!
Granular Synthesis revolutionized Sound Design, Electronic and Experimental Music!
crusher-X does advanced polyphonic multichannel granular synthesis on live input in real-time!
Granular polyphonic multichannel Synthesizer for sound design, electronic and experimental music. Its powerful live granulation algorithm creates very complex sounds, drones and outstanding surround effects. Since 1999, the crusher-X trademark has been “the” granular effect standard. crusher-X is used by famous sound-designers, composers, musicians and film-makers all over the world. It comes with GCOs, an Autotune and Pitch tracking system, up to 10-channel surround outputs, up to 199 individual grain streams, unique 3D grain visualization, over 3000 LFOs, over 330 real-time parameters and more than 160 presets.
Granular polyphonic multichannel Synthesizer for sound design, electronic and experimental music. Its powerful live granulation algorithm creates very complex sounds, drones, and outstanding surround effects. Since 1999, the crusher-X trademark has been “the” granular effect standard. crusher-X is used by famous sound-designers, composers, musicians, and film-makers all over the world. It comes with GCOs, an Autotune and Pitch tracking system, up to 10-channel surround outputs, up to 199 individual grain streams, unique 3D grain visualization, over 3000 LFOs, over 330 real-time parameters and more than 160 presets.
- Real-time live and static, polyphonic and multichannel granular synthesis engine that creates grains from live input signals or sound files
- Real-time modulation of all Grain Modulations: Delay, Length, Birth, Offset, GCO Mix, GCO Pitch, Speed, Sweep, WaveShaper, X-Crush, Bit-Crush, Filter, Diffuse, Volume and Pan
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support
- Grain Controlled Oscillator (GCO) system – crusher-X has Oscillator and Sample grain print-ins that can be mixed with the live-input
- Autotune and Pitch tracking system
- Up to 10-channel surround outputs (e.g. 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.2, 9.1)
- Microtonal tuning. Tuned Speed, GCO Pitch and Filter-Cut modulations (Grain-Arpeggiator). Comes with hundreds of different tuning scales and MIDI keyboard control
- Up to 199 individual grain streams (generators) that have multi-core CPU support
- Physical modeling sliders and a unique physical modeling X/Y controller.
- Unique 3D grain visualization
- Over 160 preset patches
- Over 330 assignable real-time plug-in parameters, real-time MIDI control, totally free
- Contains a morphing system for all parameters and between patches
- Unlimited undo/redo and randomize functionalities
- Over 3000 LFOs. Each Grain Modulation has its own individual set of LFOs for each Generator plus a Global set of LFOs.
- LFO phase and frequency spread modulations (you can spread modulations over several grain stream generators)
- LFOs, Live Triggers, and Grain creation can be bound to the tempo of the DAW (beats/second)
- Free editable Envelope Follower for additional Grain modulations
- Grain lengths up to 60 seconds
- Shadow programs
- Meta modifications with 13 adore parameters
- Several granulation live-buffer and freeze modes: Can easily switch between live processing to file processing
- Can save from the live buffer at any time
- DCO generator with sample-player
- Offline rendering
- Automatic triggered grain buffer filling modes
- Free editable multi-channel Compressor/Expander/Limiter stabilizes feedback and output level behavior
- A smart latency compensation system
Grain Controlled Oscillators
crusher-X 8 introduces Grain Controlled Oscillators (GCOs)! Think of hundreds of individual Oscillators or Sample-players that enjoy their crazy life “inside” each grain. With the new GCO Grain Modulation you can “color”, “enrich”, “destroy”, “overlay” or “nibble” live drones with any sonic or tuned audio layer you can dream of, as well as can make them appear or disappear depending on the GCO Mix Modulation. Choose free defined Waveforms or even use audio files as a sample source! And more: Not only can you apply GCOs “on-top” – you can let the GCOs interfere with your audio-input via Ring- or FM-Modulation! Switch the modes thru the crusher-X morphing system. Unlimited fun!
Crusher-X 8.11 New Features
- Adds GCO MIDI Pitch Button that allows direct Keyboard pitching of GCOs
- Adds MIDI Pitch-Wheel control also in non MPE MIDI Modes
- Adds GCO to the Anti Aliasing Mode that improves the sound quality of GCOs on lower pitches
- Adds 180% GUI Scale option
- Adds reset to DCO and GCO filenames and reset to GCO-Mode when patches from previous versions are loaded
- Adds MIDI learn context Menu and function to ProgramUp and ProgramDn buttons
- Optimizes GCO-Mix volume sensitivity
- Optimizes GCO and DCO morphing on patch changes and undo/redo
- Optimizes MIDI Mapping grid and learn view, fix grid row size issue for larger GUI Scales
- Fixes issues with a high amount of grain generation on using Gated or MPE MIDI Modes
- Fixes issues that Undo and Redo didn’t execute on a plug-in parameter change
- Fixes issue with MIDI Mapping learn of Adore parameters
- Fixes missing morph on the GCO-Mode Waveform selection
- Fixes issues with DCO and GCO morphing of Splines Waveforms
- Fixes seldom noise when switching over to GCO File Mode
- Fixes seldom value jumps on Grain Modulation faders in case the Mouse-Wheel or the PM-Wheel is used
- Fixes seldom click when changing generator numbers with Diffuse Grain Modulation on
- Optimized Diffuse algorithm
- vstwrap (Windows only): Fixes Oscilloscope resolution
HOW TO GET THIS FREE UPDATE?
As a crusher-X 8 licensee just follow again the download instructions described in your crusher-X 8 delivery mail (that you received after your 8 purchase). The challenge/response wizard will not show up if already executed with crusher-X 8.