Patch Base An Excellent Tool Hardware Synths
Version 1.0 of Patch Base for Mac, available now. This first release includes every editor that is available on the iPad version, so over 50 synths across 10 manufacturers are supported. All of the features from the iPad version are here on the Mac, as well as some new features that take advantage of the multi-windowed environment on macOS.
Create sounds for synthesizers from Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Casio, Oberheim, Ensoniq, and more. Patch Base is a collection of the best patch editors available for iPad and Mac. Real-time editing of synth parameters. Random patch generation. Sound library organization, with iCloud integration.
Patch Base supports a diverse and growing list of synthesizers. And if the one you want isn’t listed here, see the list of synths being considered for future updates.
- Casio: CZ-1 • CZ-1000 • CZ-101 • CZ-3000 • CZ-5000
- Clavia: Nord Lead 2 • Nord Lead 2X
- Dave Smith Instruments: Mopho • Mopho Keyboard
- Ensoniq: ESQ-1 • ESQ-M • SQ-80
- Korg:microKorg • Minilogue • MS2000 • MS2000B • MS2000BR • MS2000R • Volca FM
- Novation: Circuit
- Oberheim: Matrix-1000 • Matrix-6 • Matrix-6R
- Roland: D-05 • D-10 • D-110 • D-20 • D-5 • D-50 • D-550 • JD-Xi • JV-1010 • JV-1080 • JV-2080 • JV-80 • JV-880 • XP-30 • XP-50 • XP-60 • XP-80 • XV-2020 • XV-3080 • XV-5050 • XV-5080
- Waldorf: Blofeld
- Yamaha: DX100 • DX200 • DX7 • DX7II • FB-01 • FS1R • SY77 • TG33 • TG77 • TX7 • TX802 • TX816 • TX81Z
Patch Base for Mac 1.0 is compatible with macOS 10.13 and up. I hope to add support for 10.11 and 10.12 soon, but there are still some bugs to fix on those older platforms, so stay tuned.
iCloud: Just like the iPad version, Patch Base for Mac can integrate with your iCloud account, to automatically sync all of your patch data in the cloud. And if you use the iPad version, all of your patches and banks that are already synced to iCloud will be immediately available on your Mac.
Patch Base for Mac is being distributed directly from Coffeeshopped, so unlike the iOS version, you can directly download the app from the Patch Base home page on our website. Patch Base is available as a free download, allowing limited use of all synthesizers that the app supports. Full support for each synthesizer is available via In-App Purchase. Download Patch Base for free with limited functionality, for testing and exploring.