Eventide Audio releases Rotary Mod for iOS devices
Rotary Mod for iOS, introducing the legendary sound effect produced from an authentic emulation based on the liquid and lush Leslie cabinet — used on thousands of recordings, most notably by The Beatles, Beach Boys, Cream, and Pink Floyd, and many more — to iPhone- and iPad-based mobile music-makers as an AUv3 plug-in and Standalone app.
Just like the original sound derived from the uber-famous Hammond organ’s Leslie speaker cabinet, musicians and sound designers alike are able to achieve the coveted rotating tremolo cabinet effect heard on numerous recordings with Eventide’s Rotary Mod for iOS. This iconic emulation brings that classic ’60s whirling modulation bliss into the 21st century and the palm of your hand.
Rotary Mod Features
- Ability to change the speed of the ROTOR and HORN independently, and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos.
- Option to add frequency modulation to the ROTOR and HORN speed using secondary LFO (Low-Frequency Oscillator) with selectable modulation SOURCE.
- Ability to choose cabinet size — STD (standard) or GIANT — to alter the sweetness of the tone.
- Included HICUT control for precise sound design.
- TAP TEMPO feature to SYNC effect to the BPM (beats per minute) of the song.
- Incredibly easy to use with included Factory Presets.
- Innovative ‘Ribbon’ control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- MIX lock control to scroll through the Factory Presets while keeping the wet-dry MIX constant.
- Compatible as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app for iPhone and iPad.
Eventide test their iOS plugins in AudioBus, AUM, Auria Pro, Cubasis, GarageBand, and NanoStudio. However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.
Rotary Mod produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary Mod makes available precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement needed to create pulsating, lush effects used to ‘liquify’ instrument sounds and create dramatic musical gestures. The classic, swirly effect of Rotary Mod for iOS can be utilized to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths, strings, vocals, and more.