Sometimes you can sit down in the studio and you’re just fresh out of ideas. That’s when you can reach for MIDIQ (Affiliate Link) to kickstart concepts for chord sequences, harmonies, and bass lines. MIDIQ is an innovative MIDI sequence generator for both studio and live applications, featuring a unique and highly interactive user interface.
This software is not compatible with Pro Tools, Machine 2 and Reason. The developer confirmed its compatibility with:
- Ableton Live 9 (and later)
- Bitwig Studio 2
- Cubase 9.5
- FL Studio 12 (VST, not VST3)
- Logic Pro X (Mac only)
- Studio One 3
- Cockos Reaper
Generating near-limitless chord sequence possibilities, MIDIQ uses a simple pattern language for the definition of repeating chords. The layout resembles a slot machine so the interface is very visual. In fact, you don’t need any knowledge of music theory to get some great results from MIDIQ.
- Innovative user interface featuring a pattern definition area for chords
- Individual adjustments of MIDI velocity and muting of a generated chord
- Powered by intelligent algorithms for chord sequence generation
- Simplified piano roll display
- Factory Presets
- Drag to export