New Firmware for MicroFreak – Version 2.0
The MicroFreak 2.0 update adds several exciting new features and functions, refines some existing ones, and fixes a few minor bugs. See also our MicroFreak Review – an Extraordinary Experimental Hybrid Freak Hardware Synthesizer by Arturia
MicroFreak 2.0 New Features
- New Noise oscillator: morph between particle noise, white noise, and a metallic noise that’s reminiscent of a synth cymbal. An exciting new voice that will open up powerful new drum and percussion possibilities in MicroFreak.
- Chord Mode: by holding the Paraphony button and playing some notes, you program the chord, then replay the shape with a single key.
- Scale quantization: In the Utility settings, you can activate scale quantization to your favorite scale. When activated, the “white notes” on the keyboard play whichever scale you have selected. No more wrong notes!
- Sequencer streamlining: in 2.0 firmware update, you’re now able to easily copy
- Pattern A to Pattern B in an instant.
- Matrix initialize: before 2.0 firmware update, if you wanted to clear the Matrix of all routings, you’d have to manually do it. Now you can just hold the Shift and perform a long press on the encoder, and it will clear!
- 64 New Presets: Loads of exciting sounds to explore using the new oscillator and features.
MicroFreak 2.0 Improvements
- MicroFreak now displays visual feedback even when Local Control is off.
- The synth’s Local Control now also translates USB to MIDI Out.
- The release of currently playing presets are now cleared when switching to a new one.
- The Record LED now blinks on each beat, instead of on 16ths.
How to Update
Update and launch the Arturia MIDI Control Center, Connect MicroFreak to your computer via USB. Hit the Firmware button in the top left, and then “Upgrade”.
You must be logged in to post a comment.