New Firmware for MicroFreak – Version 2.0
The MicroFreak 2.0 update adds several exciting new features and functions, refines some existing ones, and fixes a few minor bugs. See also our MicroFreak Review – an Extraordinary Experimental Hybrid Freak Hardware Synthesizer by Arturia
MicroFreak 2.0 New Features
- New Noise oscillator: morph between particle noise, white noise, and a metallic noise that’s reminiscent of a synth cymbal. An exciting new voice that will open up powerful new drum and percussion possibilities in MicroFreak.
- Chord Mode: by holding the Paraphony button and playing some notes, you program the chord, then replay the shape with a single key.
- Scale quantization: In the Utility settings, you can activate scale quantization to your favorite scale. When activated, the “white notes” on the keyboard play whichever scale you have selected. No more wrong notes!
- Sequencer streamlining: in 2.0 firmware update, you’re now able to easily copy
- Pattern A to Pattern B in an instant.
- Matrix initialize: before 2.0 firmware update, if you wanted to clear the Matrix of all routings, you’d have to manually do it. Now you can just hold the Shift and perform a long press on the encoder, and it will clear!
- 64 New Presets: Loads of exciting sounds to explore using the new oscillator and features.
MicroFreak 2.0 Improvements
- MicroFreak now displays visual feedback even when Local Control is off.
- The synth’s Local Control now also translates USB to MIDI Out.
- The release of currently playing presets are now cleared when switching to a new one.
- The Record LED now blinks on each beat, instead of on 16ths.