THE HOOK HANDBOOK a New EZkeys MIDI Release
In the “THE HOOK HANDBOOK” EZkeys MIDI pack, chords and melodies were organized in separate folders. Toontrack launched a new EZkeys MIDI inspired by the scene’s budding ’80s through to the second wave of today’s resurgence. Expect all the tasty hooks and gritty feel you need for the ultimate battery of synth-pop ideas.
That hit songs benefit from strong melodic hooks is nothing new, but when it comes to the likes of new wave and synth-pop they’re pretty much mandatory. Who among the Generation Xers that grew up in the ’80s during the heydays of these genres can honestly say that they weren’t smitten by the addictive synth leads, the urban industrial vibes and the full-on cultural wave that followed? The inherent darkness of New Order, Depeche Mode, Blondie, and The Cure hit with equal force regardless of whether you asked for it or not. And like always, art and expression seem to revolve around the axis of the earth to come and go periodically. Now that we’ve entered the third decade of the new millennium, we’re very much back – right smack in the ’80s again.
- Piano MIDI inspired by new wave and synth-pop music of the ’80s through to today
- Performed by professional session player
- 4/4 in straight feel with tempos ranging from 75 BPM to 144 BPM
- Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge sections
- Separate ‘Chords’ and ‘Melody’ folders