Table of Contents
BABY Audio Release Comeback Kid Delay Plugin
Comeback Kid includes everything you’d expect from a new go-to delay — plus some
Of all the essential mix tools, the delay may be the most creatively satisfying. So we
asked ourselves: Could we take one of our favorite effects and give it an upgrade?
Combining digital flexibility with a warm analog flavor.
BABY Audio set out to develop our vision for a great sounding, more inspiring delay plugin:
One that lets you design your own delay sounds through a versatile selection of
onboard flavoring tools. Easily and intuitively.
Inspired by BABY Audio Super VHS plugin, Comeback Kid offers a flexible palette of one-knob effects to take full control of your delay signal. And with no sub-menus or hidden features, everything you need is right in front of you. Even some inspiration: The plugin comes loaded with 61 presets created by friends of BABY Audio.
Comeback Kid Delay Features
- BPM-synced modes: Straight, dotted, triplet. Free mode: 0.01 ms – 2500 ms. Ping-Pong option
- Lo-Cut + Hi-Cut: Tame your delays with analog-modeled filters
- Attack + Sustain: Sculpt your delays with flexible transient designers
- Cheap: Degrade your delays with a custom 11-bit signal path — modeled after vintage digital units
- Tape: Warm-up your delays with analog-style tape saturation
- Swirl: Add movement to your delays with an analog modeled phasing effect
- Sauce: Add space to your delays with a touch of algorithmic reverb
- Wider: Widen your delays through L/R time variations
- Richer: Add dimension to your delays through L/R pitch variations
- Pan: Place your delays in the stereo image
- Mono: Turn your delays into mono
- Ducker: Lower your delays when the dry signal is playing — for a cleaner, more modern mix
- Destiny: Leave your delays to destiny — for a less robotic, more human and unpredictable vibe