Arturia Releases Keystep Pro Midi Keyboard and Controller
KeyStep Pro addresses keyboard performers requiring ridiculous sequencing and shows power in a compact, adaptable controller.
The Arturia KeyStep Pro is a 37-key MIDI controller and multi-channel polyphonic sequencer. All in a small footprint on your desk or close to your semi-modular, AE Modular or eurorack rack.
The device will empower musicians to take full control of their modular rigs, outboard synths, and software studio all at the same time. The 4 autonomous polyphonic sequencer tracks give you full control over your instruments, and Track 1 can also operate as a 16-part integrated drum sequencer. It’s amazingly intuitive, has exceptional connectivity, and encourages the artist to make combined performances a breeze.
If you prefer keys to pads, you’ll love KeyStep Pro. It sports a great-feeling 3-octave keyboard with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. Letting you fully articulate your musical ideas, this expressive little sequencer truly puts your whole music-making ecosystem at your fingertips.
Arturia’s designers studied the way musicians actually used their Step controllers and created KeyStep Pro to remove the barriers between you and the music you want to create.
Keystep Pro Performance Controls
4 independent sequencers, controlling whatever synth, module, or drum machine you want.
16 patterns per track. Each sequencer pattern can be up to 64 steps long, and contain 16 notes per step.
Link up to 16 patterns together to create whole songs or sections of your set.
Snapshots of all the sequences within a pattern, letting you instantly switch between sets of sequences.
Everything in one place. Load, duplicate, tweak, edit, and save for later in its onboard memory.
Keystep Pro Features
- 37 note slim keys, velocity and aftertouch sensitive
- LED above each key for efficient visual feedback
- Four track step sequencer
- 16 step buttons, up to 64 steps per sequence
- Up to 16 notes of polyphony per step
- Melodic sequencer
- Real-Time recording, step recording, step editing
- Pitch, velocity, gate length, time shift and probability for each note
- Scale quantization with user scales
- Polyphonic CV outputs
- Drum sequencer
- 24 part drum sequencer
- Performance-oriented sequencer
- Forward and two random playing modes
- Pattern randomization
- Quantized or unquantized recording
- 7 arpeggiator modes, 5 octave range
- Chord mode
- Controller mode
- Use the 5 encoders to send CCs
- Automate the CCs
- Crisp OLED display
- 4x (CV, Gate, Mod) outputs + 8 drum gate outputs
- 1 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out, USB, Clock synchronization
- Metronome with included speaker and line output
- Sustain pedal input