SAXOMAPHONIUM by Sound Dust – A strange Instrument for Strange Times
Sound Dust released a new strange Kontakt library SAXOMAPHONIUM. As many you may never have considered a saxophone based instrument for your composing toolkit. In the search for a new normal maybe there is space for a new abnormal saxophone instrument?
SAXOMAPHONIUM is a classic Sound Dust hybrid instrument pieced together from baritone and alto sax plus two ancient pump organs – and it sounds really good – it does!
- Looped baritone and alto long notes
- Tape treated, looped baritone and alto long notes
- Honking goose sax staccatos
- BPM synced looping harmonium hand pumped notes
- Deep wheezy foot pumped room organ
Just what you need for : Michael Nyman post-baroque maxi/minimalisms, undulating cinematic Zimmer beds, Goran Bregovic Balkan wedding/funeral knees-up, pseudo orchestral epic sweep-scapes. Baker Street is not in its remit.
- Saxophone x 2 – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – 6 velocity layers
- Tape Saxophone – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – brutalised through Roland Chorus Echo RE501 for lots of wow and flutter – 6 velocity layers
- Honk – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone staccato notes – 5 velocity layers
- Harmonium – binaurally recorded portable harmonium with looped BPM synced bellows pumping.
- Pump Organ – binaurally recorded church style pump organ.
- 1140 24bit samples = 2.46GB with Native Instruments propriety compression
- Note Jitter – randomises note on/off timing , velocity values and tuning between articulations
- Chord and Key quantise – selectable to fix scale and chord type across all keys
- Sample start and loop length control per articulation
- All controls fully automatable
- BPM synced pan and volume modulation per articulation
- BPM synced vibrato and chorus per articulation
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per articulation
- 4 insert effects – dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
- 2 send effects – delay and algorithmic reverb
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page
- 55 instrument snapshots
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
Because of today’s’ difficult circumstances, the usual secret Sound Dust Club discount is extended to everyone – so for 40% off the £40/$56/€46* street price use discount code homestudio on SAXOMAPHONIUM. This special discount wears off 4th May 2020. The FULL version of Kontakt 5 or above is required.