HAINBACH, Sinan Bökesoy & SonicLab launching Fundamental
SonicLab launched Fundamental developed by a collaboration of Sinan Bökesoy and Hainbach with SonicLab. Fundamental is a sound synthesis software tool combining the different roots of electronic music history. Fundamental wave engine is a faithful sonic recreation of a vintage Rohde&Schwartz vacuum tube oscillator ( having been widely used at WDR by Stockhausen )
Fundamental leaves behind the limitations of the original device by proposing complex modulation possibilities, stochastic distributions addressing the sonic parameters like frequency , gain, stereo panning etc. in continuum, which has not been applicable until now.
- unique polymorphing wavetable synthesis without any compromise in data content and precision.
- 4 dynamic wavetables being rendered for each voice to represent infinitesimal steps of frequency and gain combinations between 1HZ – 3800Hz of the original vacuum tube oscillator.
- 8 simultaneous voices each with custom freq, gain, boost, panning, and modulation settings.
- Custom or harmonic frequency distribution of voices with variable spread ratio and tuning table.
- 4 independent stochastic modulations for each voice (32 in total) addressing all parameters with various continuous, discrete distributions and also standard waveforms.
- Full MPE support with various configuration possibilities.
- Independent Attack / Release envelopes for each voice with various modes, AR times can be set to degrees of randomness.
- Vintage oscillator or pure sine wave mode.
Fundamental feels like something Stockhausen, Xenakis and HAL 9000 might have dreamed up after a bender: recalling the past of electronic music through a dynamic modern reinterpretation of a massive german vacuum oscillator,
A test equipment sound is not pure technically. The gain stage has a vacuum tube and also the frequencies below 60hz do sound anything but a sine wave. All these are the signature of a vintage sonic richness.
The grounds of this project have been founded during a visit to Hainbach’s studio in Berlin, who is well known for deeply incorporating these vintage tools of the past in his modern electronic music for a while. The core idea was basically recreating a test tone equipment sound in a software form but with the approach which sonicLAB has followed on its previous products. The Fundamental software presents you 8 instances of this vintage sine wave generator with all the artifacts and richness of vintage equipment. That combination is we believe something you should experience.
Pricing and Availability
Fundamental synthesiser app & plugin is available now. Currently launch discount! now for only 49Euros/55USD, later 69Euros / 78USD.
You must be logged in to post a comment.