Creating A Patch In Arturia Pigments – Ambient Pad
Is Arturia Pigments any good for making pads? In this video I take apart a patch from my soundbank Recapture to show you how I created it from scratch, and demonstrate why I love Pigments for creating ambient sounds.
The patch ‘Failure Of Judgement’ is taken from my soundbank Recapture, a collection of 100 hyperreal synth presets and 37 samples for Arturia Pigments.
In the video I discuss
- Choice of sound sources to make an ambient-style pad
- Use of filters to control the tone and dynamics of the sound
- Use of modulation to create movement in the sound
- Use of effects to polish the sound’s character
- Assigning macros and mod wheel to create diversity in the patch