TONE2 Audiosoftware releases Electra 2.8
Tone2 Audio has updated the synthesizer-workstation Electra to v2.8. It is a major update, which is available for free.
Several people say that Electra2 is the most powerful synthesizer on the market. Electra2 breathes new life into the term “synthesizer workstation”. With its powerful and sonically versatile approach to audio production, it provides you with truly outstanding new sounds.
The new Electra version includes a big GUI with 6 different sizes, enhanced sound, higher performance, new features, and many improvements. Electra 2.8 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
New Electra 2.8 Features
- A big interface is available beside of the normal scale now.
- It is possible to select from 6 GUI sizes by clicking on ‘SIZE’.
- The plugin detects the screen-resolution and selects the best size automatically.
- The filter-display, the osc-display, the lfo-display and the envelope-display are animated when automation or Midi-learn is used.
- Pitchwheel and Modwheel are animated when the patch-browser is visisble.
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since new hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina.
- Completely new AudioUnit interface.
Electra 2.8 Enhancements
- The plugin and songs are loading, saving, opening and closing faster
- Better compatibility with other plugins
- More intuitive handling of sample-loops.
- Better descriptions for some tool-tips.
- Many small enhancements for the user-interface.
- Fixed some typos.
- More contrast for the pitch-wheel and mod-wheel in the patch-browser.
- More accurate timing for Midi-events.
- More accurate processing of Midi-pitchwheel.
Electra 2.8 Enhanced sound-quality
- Slighly enhanced sound of PingPong, Delay and Delay-Diffuse by reducing the detuning.
- Enhanced sound and default-settings for Delay-Band and Multitap.
- Enhanced sound and performance of Reverb-Hall and Reverb-Cathedral.
- Enhanced sound-quality of sample-playback in high octaves.
Electra 2.8 Changes
- 32 bit on Mac is not longer supported. If you still use it, install Electra 2.7 instead.
- MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you still use 10.6 or 10.5, install Electra 2.7.
Electra 2.8 Fixes
- Fixed a possible crash.
- Fixed a possible compatibility-problem with Cubase and FL-Studio where the screen was blank.
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple’s AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin.
Pricing and Availability
The update to v2.8 is a major update, which is available for free.