TAL-Filter-II Review and Tutorial
Filter VST’s are a popular plugin for many musicians, engineers, and producers. Being able to carve out sections of high and low frequencies in a mix really helps get rid of “muddy” sounds in the track.
An envelope filter VST can also be used creatively to add unexpected flair to your song or mix. The TAL Filter 2 is a fantastic FREE plugin that allows you to do both of these things with ease. The robust feature set of TAL Filter 2 is straightforward and easy to use while still providing a wide array of flexibility and customization.
The feature of this free filter VST include:
- Create host / beat synced modulations.
- Easy to use graphical editor (double click deletes points, a click adds one).
- 4x oversampled TAL-NoiseMaker filters.
- Different filter types: LP 24 dB, LP 18dB, LP 12dB, LP 6dB, HP 12 dB, BP 12dB, N 12 dB.
- It’s possible to saturate / distort the input signal by raising the input volume (only for filters).
- Panorama modulation.
- Volume modulation.
- Different modulation tempo (x1, x2, .. x32).
- Depth control as a simple way to control the modulation intensity.
- Free as always.
TAL Filter 2 allows custom drawn envelopes with full control and customization. It really allows you to create your own unique sound. This is an exclusive feature not often found on other envelope filter plugins.
TAL Filter 2 is a wonderful creative tool, especially for EDM musicians and DJs. It allows you to draw your own unique envelopes and then automatically syncs with the tempo in your DAW. Then, choose your time factor and filter type.
This makes it easy to use and get great sounds right away.
With the low price of FREE, there is no reason to not download this nifty little envelope filter plugin and incorporate it into your own mixes.