Atomic Transient by MolecularBytes – Polyphonic Multi-Channel Transient Design
With Atomic Transient it is now possible to process transients based on ‘note-based’ envelope shaping in polyphonic audio materials such as piano or guitar tracks.
The transient artist
With atomictransient, your audio sources and samples match the mix perfectly:
- Change the dynamics of single tracks, recorded samples, and polyphonic mixes containing instruments, percussion, and drums.
- Define new envelopes to adjust the expression and importance of samples and instruments.
- Separate or accentuate single drum-hits, remove them from your drum-patterns or move them to the background.
- Trim sustain to change percussions being more like pop-style or extend sustain to have more ambiance.
- Simulate piano pedals, modify guitar string tension or shift the envelope of a synthesizer sound
tomic Transient is the first multi-channel ‘transient control’ audio plugin in the market processing polyphonic elements in audio recordings. Atomic Transientnot just handles typical monophonic percussion patterns but also handles polyphonic audio signals such as pianos, guitars, or mixes with various instruments. So with this feature it is possible to process every polyphonic ‘note’ by its own time-base without touching other sounding notes.
In Atomic Transient, transients are detected by a very accurate and level-independent detection algorithm. The detection of transients can be restricted to a selected frequency range so that a transient is only triggered for selected audio material.
Atomic Transient Features
- Transient detection with input filter
- 3 independent processing channels
- Monophonic and Polyphonic processing
- ADSR envelope and LFO-Filter effects
- Channel mixer with output filter
- Graphical live displays to visualize signal, processing, and signal’s ADSR
- Input and output level meter
- Gain and auto-gain modificators
- Auto threshold
- MIDI controlling + integrated MIDI learn
- Over 160 multi-purpose factory presets
- Preset browser, user- and factory- preset grouping, copy & paste presets to clipboard
- A/B program comparison, UNDO, REDO
- Resizable user interface and two different skins
- Executable standalone application (Windows only)
Atomic Transient provides three parallel processing channels. Every channel can detect and process transients in its own frequency range and uses a different effect to the audio signal. There are two types of effect processors in Atomic Transient – ‘Envelope’ (ADSR) and ‘Filter’. The Envelope effect is a powerful tool to change the dynamics of the signal and the Filter effect provides modulation effects based on the LFO-moving filter. Atomic Transient comes with over 160 factories presets and is available as VST, AudioUnits, and AAX for macOS and Windows systems.