Eventide ShimmerVerb Introductory Sale
ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers making any signal, well, “shimmer.” Eventide is pretty sure this is what instruments sing similar in heaven. Based on creative techniques developed by studio engineers and producers in the early 1980s, ShimmerVerb combines reverb, pitch shifting, and feedback to create out-of-this-world soundscapes and spaces. Great for guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals, ShimmerVerb promotes getting lost in creative production and electronic music facets of the ambient spectrum. Just remember to walk towards the light.
Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using Eventide pitch-shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack mount units in combination with a reverb. This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2’s The Unforgettable Fire.
Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals. In typical Eventide fashion, features have been added such as the ability to infinitely feedback the signal, resulting in cascading reverbs that smear into oblivion. Feedback can be further fine-tuned by specifying which frequencies are fed back through the low/mid/high cross-over network.
ShimmerVerb shines via its playable, performance-based parameters. THE RIBBON is an easy to program performance macro allowing users to morph between two settings with one control. Desktop users can plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain tactile command over this function via the modulation wheel. Ribbon mappings are great for Feedback swells, moving the Pitch knobs, or changing the Size for a massive detuning result.
ShimmerVerb also boasts a HOTSWITCH for calling up another state of parameters inside the same preset. Use this for changing octaves, turning off/on the pitch shifters, or simply turning the Mix up or down while crafting your performance. Finally, the FREEZE button allows you to make smeared textures out of single voices, full pads, or percussive elements resulting in metallic “shimmers.”
- Unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch-shifters on the reverb tail.
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves.
- MicroPitch tuning available around perfect intervals.
- Four octaves of pitch-shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up).
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW’s tempo.
- FEEDBACK determines how the much-delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb.
- Low, Mid and High cross-over network determine which frequencies are fed back.
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture.
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once.
- HOT SWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset.
Buy ShimmerVerb now for only €39 / $39!