Solo strings recorded in motion. Featuring expressive pitch-memory legato.
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin B is a very simple solo legato instrument. This library explores a fairly specific sound: a loud, ff-esque dynamic with heavily slurred legatos. You can trigger even more dramatic portamento legatos by playing hard velocities on certain idiomatic intervals. In addition, this release also has same-note bow-change repetition samples which can be triggered by repeating notes with the sustain pedal pressed down.
The library continues along the lines of the unfolding Con Moto series with ‘active-bow’ sustains and legatos recorded con moto (with motion). The latter is here expanded upon with a ‘pitch-memory’ adaptation, which helps minimize a musician’s susceptibility to timbral variation between sustain and shorter legato assets.
- Solo violinist
- One dynamic layer (in the territory of ff)
- Slurred pitch-memory legato, recorded con moto (with movement in the bowing and vibrato)
- Dramatic portamento legato, triggered by playing velocity 100-127 on upwards-intervals of P4-P8
- Same-note bow-change repetitions, triggered by repeating notes with the sustain pedal pressed down
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre)
- Short, responsive release samples
- One mic position – recorded at a moderately close distance in a hall with a stereo pair
- 48kHz / 24bit
- NCW-compressed, ~517.2 MB total
- Built for Kontakt 5.8.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required
- Download via Continuata
Pricing and Availability
Solos of the Sea – Solo Violin B is available for an $39 intro (reg. $89) – intro pricing lasts through 9/20/2020.
You must be logged in to post a comment.