Next-Generation Compact Pedal with Vintage and Polyphonic Modes, Lightning-Fast Tracking, and Extended Range
BOSS announces the OC-5 Octave, the latest generation of the long-running OC series of octave pedals for guitar and bass. Offering the most advanced BOSS octave performance to date, the OC-5 features a new Vintage mode, polyphonic
enhancements, and an octave-up feature for extended range. And with the latest tracking technologies, users can enjoy smooth, accurate playability with no latency. Highly versatile and easy to use, the OC-5 covers a wide variety of octave sounds in one high-performance pedal.
OC-5 Octave Features
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
- BOSS five-year warranty
Introduced in 1982, the OC-2 Octave was the world’s first modern octave pedal for guitar and bass, and its characteristic voice can be heard in many famous songs. The OC-5’s Vintage mode delivers the OC-2’s iconic mono sound, coupled with improved response thanks to the new tracking engine. Dedicated level controls are provided for -1 and -2 octave effects and the direct sound, giving quick access to a variety of sub-octave colors.
The OC-5 also features an evolved version of the smart Poly mode first introduced with the OC-3 Super Octave, letting users play full chords with octave effects. The variable Range knob restricts the effect to only the lower notes on an instrument, perfect for playing octave bass lines alongside normal chords and melodies in the higher registers. In addition, it’s now possible to isolate the octave effect to the bottom note in a chord by turning the Range knob to the “Lowest” setting.
The OC-5 introduces a new octave-up effect, which is available in both Vintage and Poly modes with a dedicated +1 OCT knob. Players can use the octave-up effect on its own for faux 12-string sounds and unique solo tones, or blend it with the octave-down effects for extended chord voicings and super-fat leads.
Via a dedicated switch, the OC-5’s tracking engine can be optimized for either guitar or bass. And with the Direct Out jack, users can route dry and effect sounds to different destinations, such as two stage amps or discrete channels on a mixer or audio interface.
You must be logged in to post a comment.