Microcosm is a great ambient machine, but it’s capable of many other striking effects. Microcosm rearranges and reinterprets your sound in new and exciting ways using a variety of granular sampling, delay, and looping techniques. Cascading micro-loops can be locked into tight tap-tempo synced rhythms, diffused into glacial ambient textures, woven into hypnotic drones, and much more.
- 11 unique granular and looping effects with 44 preset variations
- Stereo Input/Output
- Expression Input, mappable to many controls
- MIDI In/Out/Thru, clock synchronization
- 60 sec. Phrase Looper with many configuration options
- 16 User Preset slots for saving loops and settings
- Stereo Reverb (with 4 reverb styles)
- “Hold” sampler function to freeze effects and patterns
- Adjustable Pitch Modulation
- Resonant Lowpass Filter
- Choose between True Bypass Switching / Buffered Bypass with trails
- Tap Tempo
Microcosm’s 11 groundbreaking effects (with a total of 44 preset variations) allow you to slice, stretch, rearrange, and manipulate your playing in musical ways. Tweak the sound further using Microcosm’s built-in pitch modulation, lush stereo reverb (with 4 selectable modes), and resonant lowpass filter.
When you’ve found a sound you like, the built-in stereo phrase looper can capture up to 60 seconds of your performance and even allows for layering phrases from different effects. All loops, overdubs, and settings can be saved and recalled later using the pedal’s 16 user presets.
Microcosm Firmware v1.1 Update
Based on customer feedback Microcosm 1.1 was developed
- Improved triggering/tracking, especially when using synths, drones, fuzz, or inputs without a lot of distinct transient information.
- More output gain available to the effects section, adjustable with the “Effect Volume” secondary control. When set to 100%, granular effects can now be much louder than the dry input signal.
- Improved MIDI functionality
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
If you ordered a Microcosm in August 2020 or later, your pedal comes pre-loaded with this firmware, no need to update. You can find this update here.
Hologram produces unique stomp boxes inspired by sounds and features often associated with synthesizers, computers, and racks of unwieldy gear. Hologram specializes in pedals that reinterpret your playing into droning ambient pads, choppy pitch-shifted patterns, chaotic musical glitches, and dramatic sci-fi swells.
By merging precise customization with exciting unpredictability, Hologram devices offer an experience unlike anything else. Hologram aims to produce infinitely tweakable settings and wild sounds (from subtle to striking) neatly packed under an intuitive control surface. We hope you find our equipment use as a tool for both arranged performance and experiments into randomized creativity.
Jason Campbell and Ryan Schaefer founded Hologram Electronics in 2015. Jason is a musician with a background in engineering. Ryan is a software designer and member of the band Royal Bangs. Hologram’s products are passionately crafted in Knoxville, TN.