Image Line Sakura Sale
Like the transient beauty of Sakura (Japanese for Cherry Blossom), the sound of stringed instruments blossoms and fades. Image-Line brings you ‘Sakura’, the string physical modeling instrument, to express the delicacy and beauty of stringed sounds.
Sakura (Affiliate Link) can reproduce the delicate pluck of a single string, a violin bowing, or the sonorous resonance of a grand piano. Save 50% off for a limited time only.
Virtual Modelling in Sakura follows a 5 Stage Hanami-Process:
- Contact – An impulse, the mechanical contact with the string, is first generated then shaped to simulate plucks, picks, scrapes, hammers, taps or humble fingers.
- Vibration – Sakura’s dual string model then gives the operator control over a wide range of parameters such as damping, tension, positioning and string properties.
- String Interaction – The dual strings are then mixed, panned and enveloped to simulate interactions.
- Resonance – The string/s vibration then interacts with an 8-resonator ‘body simulator’ to create the size, material and shape of the instrument
- Acoustics – Virtual acoustic space is then simulated with chorus, delay and reverberation effects.
Reproduce the Delicate Pluck of a Single String.
Sakura can reproduce the delicate pluck of a single string, a violins bowing or the sonorous resonance of a grand piano. Most importantly, the curious musician can take control of every aspect of the simulation to create fantastic instruments. Ever wanted to know what a 20 foot guitar sounded like? Or a bowed piano? Now you can find out, Sakura opens up a world of string modelling possibilities, why not download the Sakura demo and try it for yourself. The Sakurazensen is coming, be there to experience it.