Chromaphone 3 Acoustic Object Synthesizer
Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Chromaphone 3 acoustic object synthesizer plug-in. Chromaphone strikes in full dynamics with acoustic sharpness and precision.
Applied Acoustics Systems announces the official release of Chromaphone 3 — an all-new version of its acoustic object synthesizer for macOS and Windows. Chromaphone 3 is a two-voice eight-physically-modeled-acoustic-resonator synthesizer with advanced editing capabilities that produce a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can’t be found anywhere else.
Chromaphone 3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art acoustic object synthesis.
RESONATORS—THE HEART OF OBJECT SYNTHESIS
Chromaphone 3 proudly showcases eight physically modeled acoustic resonators. Mix and match strings, plates, drumheads, membranes, beams, bars, and tubes to reproduce real-life instruments or create original ones. At the turn of a few knobs, become an instrument maker, shaping metal, carving wood, and stretching skins.
Chromaphone 3’s New Features
- Home view—the Home view presents a distraction free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-Voice Multitimbral—Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Macros—Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real-time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Browser—The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
- Factory Library—Chromaphone 3’s factory library contains 421 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 670+ Chromaphone 2 presets.
“Adding depth and dimension was the name of the game for this next iteration of our favorite synthesizer,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems. “Chromaphone 3 is now bi timbral. “
The Chromaphone 3 plug-ins run on both Windows and macOS in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and NKS formats.
About Applied Acoustics Systems
Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) was founded in 1998 and is based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. As a privately-held company, it specializes in software-based synthesis tools for professional musicians and sound designers. Since releasing Tassman, the first virtual instrument based on physical modeling, AAS has come to be recognized as the industry leader in this exciting new field of synthesis.
Pricing and Availability
Chromaphone 3 is available now at a suggested retail price of US$199. The upgrade for Chromaphone 1 and 2 registered users is priced at $79.
Special Introductory Pricing: Until November 20, 2020, everything Chromaphone 3 is offered at special introductory pricing—as follows:
- Chromaphone 3 plug-in US$99 (50% off)
- Chromaphone 3 +PACKS synth and sound packs bundle US$189 (50% off)
- Chromaphone 3 Upgrade for Chromaphone 1 and 2 users US$39 (50% off)
- All Chromaphone 3 sound packs US$19 (50% off)
Chromaphone 3 +PACKS bundles the Chromaphone 3 plug-in and 14 additional sound packs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.