With numerous adaptations, improvements and bug fixes, Version 5.1 makes your Melodyne ready for the future:
- Compatibility: Melodyne 5.1 is compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur on Intel-based Macs as well as on ARM-based Macs under “Rosetta”.
- ARA: Version 5.1 optimizes the interaction with various ARA DAWs as well as ensuring compatibility with future DAW versions.
- User-friendliness: Sets of keyboard shortcuts customized for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and Studio One let you work the way you’re used to.
- Further features: Export of the Chord Track as a lead sheet (even in essential), better MIDI export, additional keyboard shortcuts and much more.
New in Version 5.1
Features and improvements
- macOS 11 Big Sur: Melodyne 5.1 is compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur on Intel-based Macs as well as on ARM-based Macs under “Rosetta”.
- DAW-oriented keyboard shortcuts: We are always looking for ways to make the operation of Melodyne even easier for users of digital audio workstations. That’s why we’ve included sets of keyboard shortcuts customized for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and Studio One in Version 5.1. You can choose the set you want from the Shortcuts page of the Preferences dialog.
- Exporting lead sheets: It is now possible to export the contents of the Chord Track as a lead sheet via MIDI; you will find the relevant command in the Chord Track’s context menu.
- Algorithm selection: During ARA operation with Cakewalk, Melodyne’s Select Algorithm menu is now displayed prior to any MIDI export.
- ARA improvements: The interaction with ARA DAWs has been optimized in various ways – partly to ensure compatibility with future DAW versions.
- New keyboard shortcuts: It is now also possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to the following commands: “Show Sibilants”, “Note Leveling”, “Copy Song Data to Note Assignment…” and “Copy Note Assignment Data to Song…”.
- A keyboard shortcut assigned to “Toggle Cycle Mode” now also works reliably when Melodyne is running as a plug-in and under ARA.
- MIDI export has been improved and muted notes are no longer included in the export.
- Under macOS, keyboard shortcuts using the function keys are now also correctly displayed in the menu.
- The “Set Cycle to Selection” function now also works correctly in Studio One.
- When you stop playback in Pro Tools, the playback cursor in Melodyne now remains where it was when playback was halted, instead of springing back to the previous start position.
Pricing and Availability
Update now free of charge if you own already a license of Melodyne 5. This is a recommend update to all Melodyne 5 users.