Blackhole – The Extraterrestrial Reverb!
Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. Eventide’s Blackhole (Affiliate Link) reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one we inhabit).
Whether you’re at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science!
A Brief History Of The Blackhole Reverb
Eventide have now perfected the galactic sounds of the “Blackhole reverb” in native plug-in form. With the Blackhole plug-in, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time.
This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in Eventide’s rackmount DSP4000 and remained a favourite in the rackmount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their “secret weapon.”
More recently, it was ported to their Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version, the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
From The Extreme To The Sublime!
While it’s true Blackhole (Affiliate Link)is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix.
At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
What Can I Do With “Blackhole”?
Blackhole (Affiliate Link) has long been considered Hollywood’s “secret weapon” for reverb. With it’s extensive sound-shaping capabilities, Gravity, Ribbon and Hotswitch controls and out of this world sound it is ideally suited for:
- Epic, Evolving Soundscapes
- Haunting Drones
- Sinuous Ambiences
- Highlighting key instruments or use on a mix
“Blackhole” is a reverb plugin like no other, the epic, evolving soundscapes, haunting drones and sinuous ambiances that it spits out have to be heard to be believed! It’s many amazing features include:
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb’s decay.
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- Full support for the Native Instruments NKS Effects system.
In short, Blackhole (Affiliate Link) is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and time again when reality just isn’t enough!
Pricing and Availability
Normally €166 – get Blackhole (Affiliate Link) at 75% off before it’s gone!