Hybrid Tongue Drum for Kontakt 5
Mists Volume 1 – Hybrid Tongue Drum is a new library created by Beautiful Void Audio and Triple Spiral Audio for the full version of Kontakt 5 (please note that this will NOT work with the free Kontakt Player).
- 165 snapshots
- 50+ sound sources
- 1 GB in size
- Dual layers
- Reversed version of the sounds (in a separate .nki file)
- FX – Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Saturation, Skreamer
- LFO control
- ADSR controls for Attack and Mod Envelope
- Randomize feature for the sound sources
- Watermarked and installed via the Pulse Downloader (you will receive a serial key which can be used to download the library via PULSE)
- Requires the full (paid) version of Kontakt 5.8.1+ (does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player)
Erick from Beautiful Void Audio created a great collection of soundsources and what he did is the following:
“With the main sounds, I basically “deconstructed” a single pitch from a particular instrument, and sampled each frequency from its harmonic series. After that, I could then reconstruct various parts of that harmonic series from different instruments. For instance, with one of them, I combined a Flute, Harp, Piano and Tongue Drum. Tongue Drum took the fundamental, Harp took the octave, piano took the 5th above the octave, and then Flute took all of the top end (everything above the piano). So it’s a hybridization at a note/frequency level, rather than being a physically modeled hybrid or some algorithmic cross between 2 or more instruments – which I guess those could be argued to be more of a “true” hybrid.”
With this concept in mind, we created a Kontakt engine with 2 layers and a series of effects and created 165 snapshots (presets) for it. The style of the library is mellow, ambient, vintage, and even experimental and it contains a nice variety of sounds going from key-like instruments, to shimmering pads and textures, lo-fi and vintage sounds, and even a selection of arcade-like presets.
Pricing and Availability
Mists Volume 1 – Hybrid Tongue Drum is available now.