Glacier Keys – Cinematic Piano Harmonics
Glacier Keys is a collection of piano harmonics, performed on a Steinway D concert grand and sampled in incredible detail in a modern concert hall setting. Harmonics are produced by gently placing a finger on the middle of the string, producing a pitch an octave above the natural note of the string, resulting in a beautiful glass-like timbre, perfect for neo-classical, ambient, and minimal compositions, or any situation where you need a piano with a more evocative, glistening tone than usual.
A continuation of Fracture Sounds sought-after ‘character pianos’ collection. Glistening piano harmonics, performed on a gorgeous Steinway D concert grand. Deep sampled in a concert hall with multiple microphone perspectives. Built for the free Kontakt Player with the modern film and TV composer in mind.
Glacier Keys Features
- Piano harmonics performed on a Steinway Model D concert grand.
- Beautifully delicate, cinematic, and nuanced sound.
- Recorded in a modern concert hall environment, with 3 mixable microphone positions.
- 3 custom sound-design atmosphere layers.
- Controllable key noise, pedal noise, and sympathetic resonance.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Full NKS support – works with Komplete Kontrol hardware.
- 4.9GB download size (NCW compressed from a 9.5GB sample pool).
- Runs in the free Kontakt Player (v5.6.8 or later). No additional sampler software needed!
Although this is an ‘extended technique’ library, Fracture Sounds spent extra care making it as playable as possible. You can approach it in the same way as a regular piano – it is programmed so that middle C sounds like middle C, even though the actual key that produced the note was an octave below. Fracture Sounds also positioned the close mics further left than normal so that the stereo image is centered around the sounding middle C.
The instrument was recorded in a modern concert hall environment using a selection of 14 top-shelf microphones (from DPA, Coles, Neumann) placed around the piano and further back in the room. From these microphone signals, Fracture Sounds created 3 easy-to-use mixes (Close, Mid and Far), giving you the flexibility to craft a custom mix that fits your needs, whether you want a dry ‘studio’ sound or a spacious sound that sits at the back of a mix.