Smart, Convincing Loudness Metering and True Peak Brickwall Limiter for Post-Production
Signum Audio release today BUTE Loudness Suite 2 (BUTE-LS2) and BUTE Loudness Analyser 2 (BUTE-LA2), major updates to previous versions, making the mixing and mastering journey even smoother.
BUTE Loudness Suite 2 is a smart, integrated and responsive loudness metering and audio limiting plugin that delivers the tools studios, media, and broadcasting producers need to mix and master professional audio within loudness specifications.
Many producers are moving towards mixing and mastering within loudness specs set internally or by major streaming and broadcasting platforms for quality assurance. By providing metering and limiting functions in the same plugin with smart workflow features to maintain creative flow, BUTE helps optimize the quality of mixes and masters, while avoiding potential distortions downstream.
New in BUTE Loudness Suite 2
The Suite 2 will not overwrite your previous version of BUTE Loudness Suite, so you can have the two plugins running in parallel and not worry about previous projects.
- New integrated limiting functionality within the main user interface allowing configuration of auto-adaptive release, post-gain, and selection Transparent, Natural and Smooth curves presets (not in BUTE-LA2)
- New display settings within the main user interface, including new True Peak/LUFS Metering view, Relative/Absolute Scale, and Max/Live modes
- New Dynamic Range reading as requested by users
- Improved compatibility with a wide range of DAWs (VST / AU / AAX including AudioSuite)
- Auto-syncs to DAW on load-up so plugin engages on launch
- Improved window resizability in full and compact read-out view to optimize screen estate when using multiple programs
- The compact read-out view retains access to limiting controls
- Ability to switch tooltips on and off
- Simplified read-outs for added clarity
- Better responsiveness all-round
- Surround version – auto-detects channel configuration you are using and lets you select the configuration from the drop-down menu in main display to test inputs for up to 7.1.2 Atmos
- Industry-standard (IEC 60268-18) meter bar fallback behaviour or more natural feel
The Loudness Suite 2 includes Bute Limiter 2, Bute Normaliser, and Bute Analyser 2 with a bonus integrated TP Limiting feature. Smart, powerful loudness metering and True Peak Brickwall limiting toolkit for post-production.
Where can you use BUTE Loudness Suite 2
Mixing & Mastering
- Produce consistent masters
- Avoid ‘level shifting’ and clipping downstream
- Ensure accurate representation of your audio/music
- Measure and refine dynamic content
Post-production & Broadcasting
- Hit target levels easily with a wide range of implemented presets
- Ensure and prove compliance with regulation
- Balance dialogue, music and effects
- Manage live broadcasting & streaming levels accurately and efficiently
- Optimise dynamics for streaming content
- Balance sound effects and dialogue
- ASWG 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound support (Surround Version)
Key Features of BUTE Loudness Suite 2
- Integrated True Peak limiter and loudness metering in one plugin
- Smart history overview for completely interactive browsing of up to 10-hours of loudness data at a glance
- The custom alert system flags up areas that need attention with severe (red) or warning (yellow) pointer on the historical overview. User settings can be defined in the settings panel.
- A smart auto re-metering feature that syncs to DAW on load-up, and auto-detects and reflects any adjustments you make in the DAW on the graphical display
- Powerful compact read-out view which is completely resizable vertically and horizontally to optimize screen space while keeping readings visible and limiting settings accessible
- An adaptive auto-release function can be tweaked by a scale factor using the release knob, enabling fine-tuning
- Ultra-transparent True Peak limiting algorithm means mastered audio stays faithful to the original mix
- 3 different release curves for Transparent, Natural, and Smooth limiting (BL2 includes an additional “Pumping” and “Linear” release curves for creative music production)
- Display Settings on the main user interface to switch between True Peak/Metering, Relative/Absolute Scale, or Max/Live modes
- A highly responsive and informative graphical interface
- Auto-detects DAW channel configuration with a dropdown menu to select mono, stereo or surround configurations (Surround Version)
- A wide array of built-in presets for the very latest loudness standards and recommendations
- Highest quality linear phase upsampling
- Industry-standard (IEC 60268-18) meter bar fallback for a natural, analog feel
- Clean and comprehensive read-outs for short-term & momentary loudness, True Peak, and traditional RMS
- Reloadable session data
- Save, Load and Export metering data
- Includes additional copies of BUTE Loudness Normaliser standalone application and BUTE Limiter 2 plugin
- Available in Stereo or Surround version. The Surround version expands support for multi-channel configurations up to Atmos 7.1.2
- Available for Windows 7 or higher and Mac OSx 10.9 Lion or higher
- Compatible with VST / VST3 / AU / AAX (including Audio Suite)
- Pro Tools 12.5 or higher for Audio Suite format
- Free future updates
BUTE-LS and BUTE-LA Existing Users
The update will be sent out free to all existing users of BUTE-LS and BUTE-LA. If you have purchased a BUTE plugin from us before, Signum Audio would be happy to offer a discount on the upgrade. Just get in touch with Signum Audio using the email you are registered with, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pricing and Availability
The new BUTE Loudness Suite 2 is available now.