VPME Quad Drums in the Shared System
After making Starter Kits Episode 5 with the Quad Drums I wanted to do a jam with QD and the Shared System. I had no plans to record it, just jamming. But it went really well (you never know upfront) so I decided to film and share it. There are hardly any patch notes because you start anywhere and suddenly come up with something cool.
But it’s basically gate patterns from Rene and one simple melodic element from Rene’s X channel. Star of the patch is obviously the Quad Drums, but Mimeophon is awesome as always. Don’t forget to experiment with that ‘hold’ button!
QD – Quad Drum Voice
- 4 digital drum voices in a 22hp compact module
- every voice can be a sample player, a wavetable VCO or a digital drum model
- control of pitch, decay, and sample selection per voice
- USD card slot, up to 1024 samples total, up to 128 samples per drum voice under CV control
- digital models offer a range of kicks, snares, hats, strings, and other percussive sounds
- 4 trigger inputs
- 4 assignable CV inputs
- 4 mute buttons and a very intuitive and powerful control interface
- 4 internal LFOs or mod envelopes that can be synced to triggers
- internal 4 channel mixer, 2 output channels
- internal 3-band equalizer and compressor