Modal SKULPTsynth SE
Modal SKULPTsynth SE a 4-voice, go-anywhere virtual-analog synthesizer with MPE support is now available from Modal Electronics stockists globally. SKULPTsynth SE is based on the legacy of the original SKUPTsynthesiser, it inherits a slim form factor but comes with traditionally colored, black, and white touch keypads, easier-to-read front panel descriptors, and improved built quality.
Modal Electronics, a leading global synthesizer manufacturer, has just confirmed the immediate availability of the SKULPTsynth SE – 4 Voice Virtual-Analogue Synthesiser from all Modal resellers internationally. Fusing a slim form factor with traditionally colored, black, and white touch keypads, easier-to-read front panel descriptors, and improved built quality, SKULPTsynth SE provides the ultimate platform to create without limitation, wherever your creativity takes you.
Under the hood, SKULPTsynth SE features a next-generation synth engine powered by dual WAVE groups per voice, each with four oscillators (a total of 8 oscillators per voice) that allow users to meticulously craft flavourful sonic fundamentals. Timbre adjustment is a breeze thanks to SKULPT SE’s state-variable 2-pole filters that morph from low pass through to bandpass and high pass. With its resonance feature, it picks out rich harmonics at high resonance levels. Shape your sound for optimum articulation with three envelopes that provide extensive control of the dynamics and expressive output of the sound. Finally, two LFOs, one global and one polyphonic, can be synced to internal or external tempo, and the integrated delay and distortion effects give even more options to craft your signature sound.
For extended expressive capability, SKULPT SE supports MPE and is the most affordable MPE hardware synthesiser available on the market today. For creators seeking new musical ways to perform with synthesiser sounds, this MPE support, fused with the integrated real-time sequencer and arpeggiator, are the perfect platforms for immersive, expressive jam sessions.
Packed with 127 all new expertly curated patches, SKULPT SE offers a vast library of contemporary sounds applicable to all genres. Moreover, it is fully backward compatible with the original SKULPTsynthesiser, providing access to the full back catalogue of patches available from Modal’s website and 3rd party sound designers. Managing and creating patches couldn’t be simpler courtesy of the MODALapp, available for all major computer and mobile platforms as a free download from the Modal website.
SKULPT SE supports MPE and offers musicians creative new musical ways to perform with synthesizer sounds, and therefore, SKULPT SE the most affordable MPE hardware synthesizer available today. The integrated real-time sequencer and arpeggiator are acclaimed performance features and invite to immersive jam sessions. Up to 4 SKULPT or SKULPT SE can be poly-chained to form a massive 16-voice virtual-analog sound engine.
The integrated Arp and 256-note Sequencer allow playing rhythmic patterns and melodies automatically. SKULPT supports MPE for next-generation expressive performances. Musicians, DJs, and producers find 128 exciting preset sounds to start their synth adventure right out of the box. The free MODALapp and MODALplugin for all primary computer and mobile platforms integrate easily with any VST3 and AU compatible recording environment.
With 127 brand-new patches, SKULPT SE offers a vast library of contemporary sounds that uplift every track. Fully backward compatible, SKULPT SE users can load any patch from the original SKULPT available from Modal’s website and 3rd party sound designers. Using the free MODALapp, available from Modal Electronics’ website, sound editing and sound management is easy and straightforward. MODALapp runs on all major computer and mobile platforms and offers integration in AU and VST3 DAW environments, respectively.
- 4 voice – 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesizer
- 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms
- Mixer stage for OSC levels along with FM, PWM, tuning, and Ring Modulation options
- Monophonic, Duophonic, and Polyphonic modes available
- Multi option Unison/spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
- 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude, and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- The real-time sequencer that will record up to 256 notes and up to 4 parameters of the animation
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, bipolar swing and sustain
- Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through bandpass, to high pass
- Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
- 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations
- 16 key touch MIDI keyboard
- Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and
- expression to individual notes.
- MIDI DIN In and Out – Analogue clock sync In and Out connections
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Headphone and line output
- Power by USB or 6 x AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, IOS, and Android
- Portable and compact design
- Dimensions: 255mm x 135m x 68mm (10”x5 1/2”x 3”)
Powered by USB or 6 x AA batteries, SKULPTsynth SE is the ultimate synth weapon for music creation in every scenario, whether it is in the studio, DJ live sets, DAW-less jams or on the road.
About Modal Electronics
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Bristol, UK, Modal Electronics is redefining modern synthesiser technology for musicians, producers and performers. Guided by the philosophy to create “Machines for Musicians,” Modal Electronics combines sophisticated analogue and digital circuitry in their products. Synthesisers from Modal Electronics contributed to countless hit records and top movie scores, and are used in recording studios and on live-performance stages around the world.
Pricing and Availability
SKULPTsynth SE is available immediately via a wide network of authorized Modal retailers globally. Suggested retail prices are £169.99 (UK, incl. VAT), 199.99 € (incl. 20% VAT) and $199.99 (US MAP).