The Centre a Eurorack Modular Wavetable Synth
“The Centre” started as a prototype wavetable oscillator over time has transformed itself into a fully-fledged synth with LFOs, LFO shapes, envelopes, voltage-controlled amps, digital) filters and effects.
A unique Synthesizer bringing software sounds to a hardware package for tactile, PC-free controls. Powerful yet easy to use! The Centre brings preset wavetable sounds to modular synthesisers but it also comes as a compact semi-modular synth that can bring massive sounds to your music production. Experts can use it as another incredible source of sound that can be modulated with their existing Eurorack system while beginners can be introduced to the world of sound and music production.
The Centre is a Eurorack Module inspired by Wavetable VSTs used to create EDM, Trance, Dubstep, etc. music.
The Centre Specs
- Internal 48kHz @ 32bit processing (floating point)
- Supports Serum and Dune 2 format Wavetables
- Supports 8, 16 and 32bit (including floating point type) WAV files
- Width 28HP
- Power consumption: +12V 200mA, -12V 30mA
- Support for FAT filesystem SDCARD
The Centre Inputs and Outputs
- DAC: 4 channels @ 16bit 48kHz – 4 outputs
- 4 V/OCT inputs covering 8 octaves
- 4 Gate / Clock inputs (configurable threshold)
- 8 CV inputs (-5V to 5V)
- 8 Level knobs and 8 Attenuator knobs – any function can be assigned, Level and Attenuator are only names
- Unlimited internal CV patches between internal modules
For beginners in the modular world, The Centre can be your springboard for starting making sounds without incredible investment and also teach you modulations and sound design from within a single module. Change sounds at the ease of turning the knob or become a sound designer and create new and unique sounds that no one yet ever engineered.
The Centre hardware is finished and production-ready and it will be manufactured immediately after the Kickstarter campaign ends.