Nano Pack 2 Released
Toy Box released Nano Pack 2. The renewed pack includes over 150 brand-new blocks as well as numerous improvements and fixes. Toy Box’s sound design tool with unique versatility and audio quality with 700 ultra-high-quality, low CPU blocks for modern sound design.
The updated pack also includes versions of the blocks in Reaktor ‘macro’ format, these can be used to build your own blocks-based polyphonic instruments or be combined with the ‘Container’ block to create your own polyphonic blocks.
New Blocks Added
- Container and Container (Advanced) – Use these to build your own Nano Blocks
- 4 Op FM Synth – A 4 operator FM style synth
- Boom Synth – A synth for 808 style kick drums
- Snare 1 – A simple snare synth
- Snare 2 – A snare synth with an advanced algorithm
- Physical Modelling Synth – A synth based on physical modeling principles
- Wavetable Synth – A synth block based on a wavetable oscillator
- PD Fold Synth – A polyphonic synth block based on a phase distortion oscillator, a wavefolder, and a low pass gate
- Wavetable Fold Synth – A polyphonic synth block based on a wavetable oscillator, a wavefolder, and a low pass gate
- Unison Wavetable – A wavetable oscillator with 7 unison voices
- FM 2 Stack – 2 FM operators arranged in a simple stack, with one operator modulating the other. Can be combined for more complex FM algorithms
- Unison Wavetable – A wavetable oscillator with 7 unison voices
- Sequencer Segment – A single segment of a sequencer. Daisy-chain several segments by connecting the NEXT port to the next segments RESET port
- Chord Bank – A block that stores a bank of 120 chords (with up to 6 notes in each chord)
- Convolution Reverb, Zero Latency Convolution Reverb & Spring Reverb – 3 blocks based on Colin Browns brilliant “Viva la Convolution” ensemble
- Exciter – A block that adds harmonics into the signal by wave-shaping a band-passed copy of the signal and then blending this back into the source
- Micro Pitch – Blends up to 17 individually pitch-shifted parallel voices
- Resonator – A matrix reverb, good for rich, large and resonant reverbs
- Looper – A stereo phrase looper
- Bit Shifter – An 8-bit distortion effect with controls to enable, disable and shift each bit
- Early Reflections – A convolution reverb block loaded with early reflection impulses
- Model Cycles Sound, Model Samples Sound, LFO, Track, More & Effect – A suite of blocks that send CC messages to control parameters of the Elektron Model:Cycles and Model:Samples hardware
- Launchpad Velocity To Value – A block for Novation Launchpad Pro owners, will convert note velocity values stored in the Launchpad sequencer into control values
- MIDI Knob Recorder – A MIDI-assignable knob recorder with record buttons for each knob, records the movement of the knobs as phrases
- 2D Chaos – A block based on a set of 2D attractors
- Sample Position (Raw) – A very simple sample player using a simple playback algorithm with no interpolation between samples
- Highest – Passes the signal with the highest numeric value. Useful for combining gate and envelope signals
- MIDI Thru – Sends MIDI events received at Reaktor’s MIDI input directly through to Reaktor’s MIDI output
- MIDI Thru (Filter Midi Notes) – Selected notes will be filtered and not passed to the output. Useful for isolating particular notes to be used to trigger actions etc.
- Number Sequence – Incoming gate signals trigger a sequence of values derived from well known numeric sequences: Square Root 2, Pi, Pi (Hexadecimal), Phi, e, Square Root 3
- Knob Bank – 4 banks of 5 macro knobs. The knobs can be MIDI learned from a hardware MIDI controller
- Beat Repeat – A stereo beat repeat style effect. The difference between this block and the Looper block is that this block loops the audio that was recorded AFTER the loop button were pressed whereas the Looper block loops the audio that was recorded BEFORE the loop button was pressed
- Tape Stop – A stereo tape stop effect
- Single Delay (Stereo) – A single stereo delay with feedback and high and low pass filters in the feedback path
- Shift Register – A shift register with up to 32 registers
- Bell EQ (2 poles) – A 2-pole bell-shaped equalizer style filter
- Velocity To Snapshot – Select snapshots using velocity
- Width – Adjusts the stereo width of the stereo input
- Crossfader (Stereo) – A stereo crossfader
- Crossfader (Centre Even) – Crossfades between inputs 1 and 2. When the FADE knob is in the center, the inputs are mixed evenly without any reduction in gain
- Level (Linear) – Reduces the level of the incoming signals using a linear scale
- Exciter Envelope – A short bidirectional envelope. This envelope can be used to create short sounds suitable for exciting resonators or pinging filters
- Delay 5 & Delay 5 (Raw) – 5 completely independent low-CPU delays in a single block
- Offset Delay – A simple stereo delay, useful to offset timing or correct latency issues
- Gate Width – When this block receives an incoming gate signal it outputs a gate signal held for the duration set by the TIME control
- Ramp To Clock – Generates clock signals from the incoming ramps signal
- Pass If >0 – If the input is greater than zero it is passed, otherwise the last non zero value is held
- Synced Delay 6 – 6 completely independent tempo-synced delays
- MIDI Monitor – Shows the value of MIDI events received at the block’s MIDI input
- 96 Clock – Outputs clock signals at a rate of 96 clocks per bar
- MIDI Clock Out – Sends out MIDI clock messages
- MIDI Clock In – Receives MIDI clock signals from MIDI and the host (enable Sync To External Clock)
- MIDI Program Change – Sends out MIDI program change messages
- MIDI Program Change (Triggered) – Sends out MIDI program change messages when a gate signal is received by the Trigger ports
- MIDI Clock Control – Sends MIDI clock messages controlled by a built-in ramp generator. The block can also send out MIDI program change messages
- MIDI Out 3 – Sends out MIDI note messages on 3 different channels
- Divide – Divides the first input by the second input
- 1 Div X – Divides 1 by the input value
- Wrap 0-1 (1=0) – Same as Wrap 0-1 but if the input is exactly 1 then the output will be zero
- Pitchbend Out – Sends out 14bit MIDI pitch bend data over 6 channels
- Multiply 2 – Doubles the level of the input
- Default Value & Default – For setting default (normalised) values or connections for ports
- Blank Panel – A blank panel with no connections. Useful for organizing and tidying racks
- Changed all LEDs to multi-colored LEDs for better visual grouping
- Improved ‘Granular Sample Player’ and ‘Grain Cloud’ blocks with advanced features and extra ports
- Added ‘Reset’ port to the ‘Pure Noise’ block – Resets the noise pattern, useful when triggering a short burst of noise to avoid tonal variations.
- Added editable labels to ‘Trigger Buttons’ and ‘Toggle Buttons’ blocks
- Added direct modulation to the PITCH control of the ‘Oscillator’, ‘Analog Oscillator’, ‘Raw Oscillator’ and ‘Wavetable’ blocks
- Improved ‘Snapshot Control’ block, added ‘Copy From…’ and ‘Duplicate Current’ ports
- Updated ‘Atom Evaluate’ block – With new ‘Line’ parameter (requires atom-tidal cycles plugin 3.15.0 or later)
- Added ‘Width’ port to clock blocks – Sets the width of the clock signal
- Added trigger selection ports to ‘Select 8’ and ‘Select 6’ blocks
- Added MUTE and LEVEL controls to the ‘Metronome’ block
- Bit sequencer changed to require a unidirectional input signal
- Plus many small undocumented improvements
Download the updated pack from your user area then simply replace the V1 Nano Pack folder with the V2 Nano Pack folder, no need to use Native Access (make sure to backup the V1 Nano Pack folder first).
Pricing and Availability
The Nano Pack 2 can be purchased for a limited time for $45 (30% off), the update is free for existing users (just log in to your account to download the pack again).
Kilohearts Version 2 – Get AMAZING Cinematic Sound Design
Kilohearts has released the eagerly awaited v2 update to its entire ecosystem of music production tools. This update is focused mainly on modulation, introducing new modulators, and incorporating the Phase Plant modulation system into Multipass and Snap Heap.
This opens up dramatically increased possibilities for dynamic modular effects creation. If you’re a producer, musician, or sound designer, you’re going to want to check out what Kilohearts has cooked up with this massive update!
Kilohearts Version 2
Kilohearts released a major update to its product line, with every plugin in the Kilohearts ecosystem being updated to version 2. The update is focused mainly on modulation, introducing new modulators, and incorporating the Phase Plant modulation system to Multipass and Snap Heap. This dramatically increases the possibilities for dynamic modular effects creation.
In addition, a new “Modulation Master” plugin has been introduced, providing a central location for managing all modulation sources and destinations. The update also includes a number of other improvements and bug fixes, making it an essential upgrade for all Kilohearts users.
Phase Plant, Multipass, and Snap Heap are being improved with new updates that bring new features and improvements. The latest update includes MPE support, improved visualization of modulation connections, external automation for any parameter, modulator/effects groups, and much more.
This makes the software more user-friendly and efficient, allowing users to save time and produce better results. These updates are essential for anyone using these tools for their audio production needs. With the new features and improvements, users will be able to work faster and more effectively to create the best possible audio results.
With the new update, there are now more ways than ever to create unique and interesting sounds. To help users discover the myriad new possibilities for audio processing and sound design, there is also lots of new factory content to explore.
Users will be able to take advantage of new features such as granular synthesis, Pitch Editor, and the Waves Spectrum Analyzer. In addition, they will also have access to a wealth of new presets and sound banks.
Whether you’re a seasoned sound designer or just getting started, this update has something for everyone. So dive in and start exploring the new world of audio possibilities that have been opened up by this update.
The Kilohearts Modulation System
The Kilohearts Modulation System is a powerful tool for creating unique sound effects and modulation effects. It’s been used to great effect in Phase Plant, and now it’s been added to Snap Heap and Multipass.
This gives users of these modular machines a wider range of options for sound design and modulation. The Kilohearts Modulation System is easy to use and gives users a lot of flexibility in how they create their sounds. With this new addition, Snap Heap and Multipass are sure to become even more popular among sound designers and musicians.
The Kilohearts Modulation System is a set of high-quality, creative modulation effects that can be used to create dynamic, evolving, responsive, or chaotic modular effects. The system includes a wide range of different modulation sources, including LFOs, envelopes, step sequencers, and random generators.
These can be used to modulate any parameter within the system, making it possible to create highly customized and unique sounds. The modulation sources can also be chained together to create more complex modulations.
In addition, the system includes a selection of different filters that can be used to shape the sound of the modulated signal. The Kilohearts Modulation System is a powerful tool for anyone who wants to create new and exciting sounds.
Curve – MSEGs done the Kilohearts way
The Curve modulator is a powerful tool for creating detailed modulation shapes. With the ability to set and modulate loop points, it provides a wide range of possibilities for shaping the sound of your music.
Whether you’re looking for long, slow changes or extended complex modulations, the Curve modulator can help you achieve the sound you’re after. And with a selection of loop modes, you can tailor the envelope to your specific needs. So whether you’re looking for a traditional envelope or something more unique, the Curve modulator is a great option.
LFO Table – Cycle through 256 LFO shapes in one modulator.
LFO Tables are a type of LFO that loads wavetables. This allows for a greater degree of control over the shape of the waveform, as well as the ability to create unique and complex shapes. When combined with the Random modulator, LFO Tables are incredibly powerful for crafting evolving generative patterns.
The module also includes a built-in attenuator for each wavetable, allowing you to create more nuanced modulation. In addition, the LFO Table can be used as an audio rate modulation source, making it a versatile tool for sound design. Whether you’re looking for traditional LFO shapes or something more experimental, the LFO Table is sure to offer something new and exciting.
Remap Transform incoming data into the desired output values using your own remap shapes. Transform incoming data into the desired output values using your own remap shapes. Ultimate precision control over output values from any input.
Great for locking pitch values to specific note frequencies, among other things. Remap enables you to control precisely what output value is produced from any given input value, using whatever shape you desire.
This gives you unprecedented control over the values produced by your devices, allowing you to make minute adjustments as needed. Whether you’re looking to lock pitch values to specific note frequencies or you need to make other precise adjustments, Remap is the tool you need.
Sample & Hold + Audio Follower + Pitch Track
Handy modulation utilities that convert incoming signals into modulation values. These utilities were previously only available in Snap Heap and Multipass but have been updated to be a part of the Kilohearts Modulation System.
Sample and Hold can be used to grab input values when triggered, the Audio Follower will track the amplitude of an incoming signal and use it to modulate whatever you desire, and the Pitch Tracker will do the same for pitch. These tools can be very useful for creating expressive synth sounds or adding movement to delays and reverbs.
And because they are now part of the Kilohearts Modulation System, they can be easily daisy-chained together with other modulation sources for even more possibilities. So if you’re looking for a way to add some life to your music, check out the Sample & Hold, Audio Follower, and Pitch Tracker utilities.
Kilohearts Ecosystem 2 Workflow Improvements
Kilohearts’ Ecosystem has been updated with some great new features that make it even easier to use.
First, the visualization of modulation connections has been improved so that you can see exactly what is connected to what with just a mouse hover.
Secondly, the modulation target menu has been updated to provide clearer values and a quick remap curve.
Lastly, the effects and modulator groups have been updated so that <you can quickly move and copy them.
Overall, these updates make the Kilohearts Ecosystem even more user-friendly and efficient. As a result, it is even easier to create complex, professional-sounding tracks.
Free for All Users
Kilohearts have released a free update to all users, adding new features and improvements. To install the update, simply run the Kilohearts Installer and follow the prompts. After updating, users will have access to new features immediately.
This is just the beginning for Kilohearts, who have more plans for future updates. Users can expect to see more improvements and additions in the near future. If there was something you were hoping for that hasn’t been added yet, keep an eye out for future updates!
FX-AID | Creating your Own FX banks
Creating your Own FX banks
There are plenty of videos on YT about FX-Aid, but one of its best features is the ability to pick your own favorite effects from a huge library that frequently grows. You can use a web-based editor (https://fxaid.app/), but you can also download a desktop version. After creating a firmware audio file, you can then ‘play’ the firmware into the module.
Use your laptop/phone for best results because the module expects line-level sound, and make sure it’s in airplane mode to avoid unwanted sound effects. The audio goes into the FX-Aid CV input or the FX-Aid XL SRR input. You can switch the module to upload mode by pressing the two little buttons for at least 10 seconds. Have fun! The module does not ‘brick’ when something goes wrong, you can simply press any button and try again. Have fun!
Weather Drones 1.5 by Eowave
Weather Drones 1.5
Weather Drones started as a DIY project a few years ago but is now available as an affordable prebuilt module. Weather Drones is a great module for creating evolving drones, textures, and soundscapes, but it also responds to pitch very well. It has a mix out for the final result, but it also has separate noise, triangle, square, and fold outputs. It has a built-in low pass filter that can be modulated with the internal ‘helper’ oscillators which also accepts external modulation.
The final output has a ‘spread’ and ‘wavefolder’ knob to create all kinds of sounds, but its digital core really needs some external FX processing. Version 1.5 adds a built in VCA that can be modulated with an internal AD envelope generator.
As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.
Curious Posse: Uniting Creators in Ambient Soundscape Crafting
Curious creators, come together! Welcome to Curious Posse, where we unite in crafting captivating ambient soundscapes. Our mission? To spark...
Mastering Stress Relief With Soothing Sea Melodies
Why Ocean Storm Sounds Are Perfect for Sleep
Mastering the Art of Capturing and Amplifying Sea Resonance
Discover Tranquil Storm Sounds: Your Secret Sleep Aid
Mastering the Art of Sea Symphony Recording
Mastering Tidal Movements Sounds Meditation: A Step-by-Step Guide
StrongMocha is a magazine for music producers, audio engineers, and sound designers. StrongMocha Magazine provides the latest industry news, reviews of gear and software, tutorials on recording techniques, and tips for mixing.
Audio Production2 months ago
Unleashing Sound Therapy: Incorporating Acoustic Design in a Wellness Centre
Ambient2 months ago
Mastering the Art of Dark Ambient Synthesizer Music
Ambient2 months ago
Unleash Your Creativity: A Complete Guide to Innovating in Dark Ambient Music
Spotify2 months ago
What Are the Most Effective Strategies to Boost Your Spotify Plays?
Ambient2 months ago
Soundtracking Shadows: 7 Aspects to Master in Creating Dark Ambient Music
Audio Production2 months ago
Unlock the Power of Tranquility: Optimizing Audio Quality in a Wellness Centre
Soundescape2 months ago
Unlocking the Power of Sound: A Comprehensive Guide to Mixing and Mastering Ambient Music
Ambient2 months ago
Mesmerizing Crowds With Enthralling Dark Ambient Music