TONE2 Audio has announced the release of Icarus 2.0.6, which features a new filter design with 6x oversampling, improved compatibility with DAWs and more.
Icarus 2 is one of the most powerful, full-featured, and versatile synthesizers available on the market today. It’s also one of the best-sounding virtual instruments in existence – check out this excerpt from their website: “The power to create your own sound world is at your fingertips.”
The latest version (2.0.6) features a VST3 version and some enhancements, improved compatibility with many popular DAWs, improved stability, and many other features you’ll find detailed below. Icarus’s presets are divided into categories for easier browsing or search by descriptive keywords. You can also quickly create new patches using the preset menu category “User” which contains all programmable parameters of Icarus.
Icarus 2.0.6 New Features
The update is available for free. It adds a VST3 version and some enhancements.
- Added a VST3 version.
- You can select from 3 different installation types: Minimal (VST2 only), Default VST2 + Standalone) and Full (VST2 + VST3 + Standalone)
Icarus 2.0.6 Changes & Enhancements
- More smart detection of VST2 path.
- Faster closing of projects.
- Minor enhancements for the standalone version.
- Microsoft dropped support for 32bit operating systems. That’s why we will focus on 64bit only. If you still use 32bit you can install v2.0
Icarus 2.0.5 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.