If Venice were a violin, the canals would be its strings, gondolas would be its player and the sea its luthier.
Everything about Venice resembles an age-old fairy tale, or, as observed by Gerolamo Bardi, more than four centuries ago in his “About the Notable Things of Venice”; an impossible-possibility, a grandiose wonder, standing so far from the norm that it even can’t be considered a human creation but instead has to be placed unswervingly in the realm of God. Venice Modern Strings by has been released now and available for an introductory price for 349$ / € till June, 20th!
Along with Brescia and Cremona, Venice has given rise to some of the most renowned master luthiers, setting the benchmark for perfection in violin craftsmanship and sound. With this in mind, we decided to sample an Orchestra from Venice and its surrounding areas in the city of Crema, aiming to achieve a modern sound whilst maintaining these same traditions and aspirations for perfection.
When FluffyAudio started they could only dream about sampling an Orchestra. At that time the idea seemed inconceivable, something of dreams, at least as hard and improbable as building a city on the sea. Well, that day has now arrived, and, despite some skepticism, sooner than we could have ever imagined.
Matteo Marzaro, Glauco Bertagnin, Leonardo Sapere, Alessandro Pandolfi and Michele Maulucci are just some of the tremendous musicians the FluffyAudio team have had the honor to work with. The Orchestra is their family and Venice their theatre. They have learned to breathe together, and together with music, they form the soul, flesh, and blood of one of the most incredible organisms that humankind has ever envisioned and achieved: The Orchestra.
Venice Modern Strings Features
- Complete String Orchestra (8, 6, 5, 5, 3)
- 4 Stereo Mic Positions
- 3 True Legato Techniques: Portamento, Legato and Bow-Change Legato
- Polyphonic Legato
- Ensembles, Individual Patches and Low Memory Patches
- Morph Controls for custom creation of evolving sustained patches
- No need to manually download the library thanks to Pulse software (manual links available anyway)
- 114000+ Samples
- 55 GB installed (compressed in NCW format)
- The full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.8.1 or above is required – NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KONTAKT PLAYER
- 24 bit / 48 kHz stereo